Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

safe pick: Alice or Alice: Siscon Niisan to Futago no Imouto
risky pick: Usagi no Matthew (Matthew the Rabbit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

give stein's gate 0 a reverse siren

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

safe pick: Wakaokami wa Shougakusei!
risky pick: Megalobox

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

psyer posted:

All of those anime mentioned above are all part of the Twin Engine Network, which is lead by the former lead guy at noitaminA.
Mado Nozaki is the writer of Kado anime.

Here is a good article about Twin Engine that was written a year ago.

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/04/17/new-anime-studios-founded-by-noitaminas-previous-leader/

Also probably to expect more news/announcement this week as AnimeJapan is approaching.

ah, time to write off babylon

also vinland saga was featured on the big anime japan poll last month so well, you know what you can thank for that
https://www.anime-japan.jp/main/ajranking/anime_manga/form/

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqbwp4hv7k3wnq2/dasfinale.mp4
teh most important happening in anime has gotten uploaded,

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

heres my business card *hands u picture of the galaxy brain guy with my name written next to it*

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

The first of the Girls und Panzer finale films came out on blu-ray today. here's the OP.

nice repost!!!!!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S51PKANf92c

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

way ahead of the rest of the season, the first show of spring has aired. mahou shoujo ore. its not very funny and seems like its trying way too hard

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Dehry posted:

Maybe that's where the budget for Colors went?

instead of photograph backgrounds they now live in a vaguely pink void so it seems like a sidegrade

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

kater posted:

There's some historical thing I'm missing or it's from a manga source from a decade ago and the Girls und Panzer finale thing isn't actually making an incredibly obvious European refugee metaphor with the tan girl transfer student and the rich blonde that had been there, right?

Either way, drat GuP is good. Not getting a proper Panzer Vor though is unacceptable and cannot happen again.

i saw the whole thing more as a rich/poor french revolution metaphor. i would have rather had a vichy/free france thing going though. that said, das finale did lean more heavily on the fascist refs than i recall from the previous parts (the gran sasso reference was an odd choice)

The Colonel posted:

katyusha doesn't know russian but iirc her classmates are from russia. like, that's straight-up a scene in the movie

no, only the blond girl is iirc. shes a transfer student, something they make clear again in das finale

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

well i mean, marie is a name linked to the french revolution in multiple ways...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

well that's cause klara's va is russian while nonna's va just jacks off to russia

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

An official website for creative company Bouncy has launched an official website and announced a 3DCG live anime variety show by director Koutarou Ishidate titled Virtual Wide has been announced. Its trial version will be streaming live via Yahoo! Japan at 9:00 p.m. for one hour on March 29. The archive version will also be available for a week after the live-streaming.

Ishidate, who has produced live anime series for Minarai Diva and Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls in the past, will direct and compose the show. The concept for the show is "Virtual YouTuber x Wideshow." Wideshow is a made up word by Japanese for variety show.

Setting of the Show:
Gods and angels on Heaven would look down on Earth and discuss about what happens there freely. The light for the two angels Mika Shinzen and Gabu Mizuki, would descend on their heads when they hear Ten no Koe (God's voice).

if this one is as bad as the last.... 3 or 4 studio bouncy offerings ill fuckign kill myself

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Eela6 posted:

Btw burrito I totally agree with you. You can, for instance, describe Takagi-san as 'thirsty' for Nishkata, where it would he gross to call her horny for him.

so its a code word

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

had kellogs for breakfast today

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

consider it done

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you heard it here first, dis is pro rape snuff

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK9aXTnzOt8

great

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Knorth posted:

Er, she wasn't the one being abrasive at all though? pretty sure that's the entire point of the premise

when the first thing she says to him is that he's gross, that's pretty abrasive

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

guranzi is enjoyable. a bit heavy on the internal monologues (and they repeat a lot) and some odd cgi, but adult pro sports shows are pretty rare and the business stuff is fun

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

probably not, even the title of the show/the catchphrase doesn't make all that much sense. they keep talking about money under the pitch when the show makes it pretty clearly the word they're going for is diamond, not pitch

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

my god

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bad things come in pairs

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hyouge mono has koreans, nerima daikon brothers has a korean villain

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im putting my money on biko pegasus

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the bullying scenes are directly out of the playbook of japanese bullying media, so realism (for the non magical girl parts of course) isn't really the issue rather than execution

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its loving awful

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the only good chinese anime was the brother sister one that was somehow the only brother sister anime in existence that isnt incestual

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its the new trend in budget anime creation

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its fine, looks good, but the whole thing is just a rerun of hagane orchestra. not really funny

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

wonder how ive been getting it then, cause ive been drinking it for decades

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

It's a bummer cause I miss gorgeous painted backgrounds

fantasy still tends to have some good stuff background wise (and its not like most non-fantasy/sf shows weren't just tracing their backgrounds) like with grimgar, though it didn't have much else good about it, but even there you get stuff like this in well, period:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

an actual dog posted:

I really like Gurazeni. It's a baseball show that entirely focuses on a mid-level pitcher and his money problems, which skews the perspective to the point where it rarely even tells you if his team is winning. Everything is filtered through if it's good for his carrier or not, and you get the sense that everyone around him is in their own little bubbles in the same kind of way, and it's how all that fits together.

It kind feels like a Fukumoto manga at times, but it's also kinda chipper about how everyone is reduced to how much they make. It's a funny tone and I like it.

i thought ep 2 was a bunch better than 1, especially the scene with the fake conversation between him and his mate. not constantly repeating that there’s money under the pitch helped too.

still waiting for the ed girl to appear tho! can’t imagine this to be a s2 kaiji ed situation

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

as a side note, the huge variation in char designs is something a big fan off.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i want ppl to know the megalo box director has a beard

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

viewersexual

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

week 3: the ed girl from gurazeni still hasn't appeared. im growing desperate and morale is low, send help

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

arbys, kizuna ai, this, its all the same fake cutesy corporate culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Motto posted:

I mean, literally every anime comes from an abusive corp.

this is why i only watch doujin anime

• Locked thread