Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am ready for dub Haruko to return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Good comedy doesn't punch down.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You don't even have to limit it to artists, people in general want to have pride in their work. That's not excusing their being exploited. Turning out poo poo work to stick it to the man isn't something people generally want to do unless they are actively trying to sabotage.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oh no, the massive own of comic sans, a thing only insufferable people care about.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Knorth posted:

I'm gunna watch at least one episode of this weird show and I hope it's good
https://twitter.com/paeses/status/976692726430359557

I am guessing there is a 100% chance it will end very badly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

BL and GL are very simple and easy to understand so it's kinda silly to be dragging the old terms around still

Bad Luck and Good Luck.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

VostokProgram posted:

I'm gonna gently caress noctis lucis caelum

and prompto too

I don't know what people see in Prompto.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ignis can cook and has the most useful skill in the game, so he's the best.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

When I become god emperor the day April 1 will be erased from existence.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fire Barrel posted:

And yeah, I'd agree that overly qualifying stuff you like, or undercutting your own praise by saying "I like X but it's bad," is really silly (though it's easy to do. I know I'm guilty of it at times). If you're worried about getting into arguments, or even about flying off the rails to gush/post about a thing you like, just remember you can just post and don't worry about it! It's just the web after all. Besides, being positive about stuff you like, and unabashedly so, is often less tiring and can lead to more engaging chats/opportunities for long, tangent-y posts!

It is possible to like something and acknowledge it is bad or at least flawed, for example I like Horizon, but yeah people do tend to go overboard with it, particularly for things which don't really warrant it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'd watch 'I can't Believe my Magical Cyborg Harem Fantasy has so Much Paperwork!'.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Main character in Gun Gale is clearly a scumbag Oddjob picker.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

My favorite girls doing a very specific thing comic was the board game girls comic cause they would go into these extremely elaborate fantasy sequences to illustrate the games they were playing. The multi part werewolf chapter was Incredibly ltense and dramatic and funny cause they would keep cutting out of the fantasy to show the reality of an eliminated player sulking away from the table

It hasn't been translated in forever though.

What was the name of that one? I keep meaning to read it but forgot.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Parallax posted:

hosed up that the girl in gun gale is using speed hacks and a smaller hitbox to break the game

Speed hacks is a skill players can pick I guess? Which makes the fact that apparently not literally every player is using it the most unrealistic thing about the show.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah can't say I'd want to be John Halo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

considering the protag's gimmick is that she's a tall college student in real life and a tiny babbu in the game, her gimmick is probably going to be being a tiny high schooler in real life, so be prepared for that

at the same time, i agree

Well, all the neighborhood high school (middle school?) kids seem to hang out at her place, so I guess it fits.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like how much M contrasts with the other probable main characters' designs and hope he stays around.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is it streaming anywhere?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

i mean how are the names any more dehumanizing than any other show where the girls have weird names

I don't know, look at some recent Kentucky Derby winner names.

Excluding Orb, because Orb is an excellent name.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

yeah but kids dont make doujin games!!

but im glad kids are into it, it's super well suited to little girls being into it.

Isn't the plot of every touhou that they're a bunch of stupid assholes? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but perhaps not the best role models for the children.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hargrimm posted:

So... why did they just leave an annotation from the concept art in the finished background for Megalobox?

Some graffiti artists thought it was very important that viewers flying overhead know that the road is two lane "cracked" blacktop.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hinamatsuri is great and Nitta is still #1 dad.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

this looks sorta vaguely like aged up gekkan nozaki kun

It's not really, but it's still very good and fun.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think you mean Nozaki x Ken-san.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

doesnt even aim for rathian's head trash bow player

What if they're aiming at the wings for more spike+s because you need a billion of the drat things?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There was also a short MH manga by the Fairy Tail guy.

Also the only ally you should ever need is your palico.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I want Koyanagi to be voiced by Yuu Kobayashi, but I think she is not.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The true wotakoi would be without the koi and would also be one chapter where nothing happens.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah I never saw it as their hobbies were supposed to be The Joke more than in some sense (perhaps just wishful on the audience's part) validation that people with such hobbies are not alone.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

LLENN is actually a tactical genius.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

LLENN and P-chan contending for best romance of Spring 2018

hosed up considering P-chan was bought, and is also her child.

Also it looks like our protagonist actually is very tall, rather than just being the shocking height of like 5'8".

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Every single game uses the same random gen character creation?? What the heck

In the grim darkness of the VR future, choice is an illusion.

Also she towered over the guy in the store, but I suppose he could have just been very short. Also shot framing, etc.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There might also be an issue keeping players if it's open pvp with low time to kill. The optical vs physical distinction with players having some protection against pve weapons apparently did not much matter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hinamatsuri is still a treat to watch. I'm glad it's been a while since I read the early chapters so that it's all basically fresh.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The true nature of Squid Jam in GGO is revealed in episode 3.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 21, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Araki posted:

Wotakoi isn't very good.

Good choices for product placement at least. But yeah, it's kind of just an unremarkable straight adaptation right now apart from the voice acting.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah it's a great adaptation but if you read it pretty recently you'll probably get less out of it.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 24, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Coaaab posted:

I'm fine with the product placement because much of it is stuff I also like consuming.

One of Nifuji's girl figures was Kaede from Negima, so he is a man of good taste.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Nasucar: Type-Moon Racing

Every car is Saber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Didn't FGO actually have a Wacky Races arc or something?

• Locked thread