Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Put sirens next to Megalobox and Captain Tsubasa please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'll be watching Megalobox, Captain Tsubasa, Gurazeni, Gegege no Kitaro, Nobunaga no Shinobi. If I hear it's good I'll check out Cutey Honey Universe but I'm not getting my hopes up

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Julias posted:

By that logic Steins;Gate 0 and Cutie Honey Universe also deserve sirens, regardless of their quality or popularity this season due soley to their approximation to popular things in the past. If it ends up being good and people hop onto it, it'll get its due.

That's literally everything here except for wholly original projects. Megalobox is the first Joe anime in nearly 40 years and it has a lot of talented people working on it, that's a different kind of hype than a vn spinoff anime and an entry in a franchise that only has one unreservedly good entry. It doesn't matter either way because I believe in Joe and it will earn it's siren

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Meh

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I do not know. I was just commenting on the lack of naota.

I hope he's not in it at all

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lmfao at this entire thing

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

At the same time I feel terrible for the people working on it because it must be utterly miserable to be a professional forced to put out content like that because of whatever the hell is going on

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

iospace posted:

what series is the off model stuff from?

Turn on your monitor.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

it's a bad idea because I don't want some cat robot poo poo, i want a spirit circle anime

I want cat robots. New things can be good sometimes

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Dis can't read more than 10 pages of a 'ga.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

FLCL Alternative episode 1 is happening right now on Toonami

Subbed.

When I heard it was in Japanese I was hoping it had no subs

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I was not expecting Space Battleship Tiramisu to have quite that much male nudity

It's gonna be a real crowd pleaser

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Tsubasa is good. I almost want to wait to let some episodes pile up because I wanted to watch more as soon as this one finished

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Megalobox is really really good looking, has really great sound design and an awesome soundtrack. I hope they can keep it up for a whole series.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Nobunaga no Shinobi comes back today!!!!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

an actual dog posted:

YESSSSS

I'm glad the tiny ninja is back, to teach me history.

It's still good

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I made a thread for GeGeGe no kitaro

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853808

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

Good to know Steins Gate Zero confirming it'll be AotS with that first episode. I guess it was a safe pick for that before but that was a very intense episode really good.

What universe are you posting from

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

When are they gonna sub the cooking papa anime

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Space Flower posted:

*looks into the camera and makes a face like Jim from the office*

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think I might like the Gurazeni OP more than even Joe's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCF4XGboe4Y

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gurazeni is cool but from the description I thought it'd be a lot more intense like Kaiji or something. That said it's nice to see an anime that focuses on the performance and statistics aspect of baseball and all the character designs are nice and varied. The soundtrack is really good too.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

anyway thinking the back halves of flifla and pripri were weak isn't really that uncommon an opinion around adtrw even if it's one i disagree with

I didn't like the late middle part of flip flap but it came back together in the end I think

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Is part 3 actually not well regarded? Everything I've heard.from people who have watched it sounds good

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Davincie posted:

arbys, kizuna ai, this, its all the same fake cutesy corporate culture

Yesterday I unsubscribed from the mailing list of some airline I booked on and the message said "Are you sure? We'd hate to see you go :-(" and I retched a little bit

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Motto posted:

I mean, literally every anime comes from an abusive corp.

that's why piracy is the only ethical.way to.watch anime

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Beato Believer posted:

It's all fake corporate culture, I'm just kinda glad they make it cute every so often. I like cute.

I want it to be all soulless robots that speak in monotone

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Megalobox, Gurazeni, Nobunaga no Shinobi, Franxx are all I'm still watching. I'm waiting for more Tsubasa's to queue up before watching them and I fell off of Gegege unfortunately

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Motto posted:

Julias Belmont

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

sure making this show sound, uh, *checks notes*

good?

It's Anaconda's gimmick

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It'd be cool if all that talent could have made something new

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

But don't you know that all great works of fiction are completely original?

Just ask Shakespeare, or Virgil!

From Le'Morte De Arthur to Wide Sargasso Sea, the only literature worth considering has been made when the authors deny their influences and move forward into unmapped territory.

You're right. That is exactly the situation here

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Agronox posted:

you probably stopped watching after the second ep lol

Classic dis

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

too bad about that thing where s2 is anime original content without any of the s1 staff

:whitewater:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Mob Psycho will be good because it itself is very good

Interesting thesis...do you mean to imply that One Punch Man is somehow inherently corrupt and hollow?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gurazeni has been consistently good and I feel like each ep is better than the last. The ED girl still hasn't shown up

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

needs more synthwave

Eugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Laughing Harder

Lol