Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They're not doing a cover of the old Cutie Honey song for Universe :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That reboot of GeGeGe Kitaro aired yesterday, seems good from the first episode.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Spiritus Nox posted:

I was prepared for the new Cutie Honey to maybe be bad. I was not prepared for it to be boring. God drat it feels like everyone involved in this show is half-asleep.

Yeah, it feels like they have everything that should make it work, but instead it's just going through the motions.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I never knew Natsuko was a goon

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This week on Cutie Honey, Natsuki continues to be a dead girl walking.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Fangz posted:

It's sort of very inconsistent what it is from week to week. Sometimes it seems a straight fighting show, sometimes it's more of a mystery show. Sometimes it's about capitalists being sent to hell.

Like, for a 'kid's show' it can go some freaking dark places.

It's had pretty good ratings so far apparently, so I'm glad to see variety working out.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Paper Triangle posted:

I Saw the Devil was so good, I can't believe I didn't think to look up the director. I need to check these out.

I keep seeing Precure gifs and the animation looks really good. Is this just where all the money is concentrated these days? I've never watched a Precure, can I start with this one?

This one is pretty good, but they're about as different as Sentai and Kamen Rider seasons tend to be. Heartcatch is a fan favorite and Go Princess is another recent one that I liked a lot by the end, it's very Sailor Moon.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Saying girls can't be heroes in this series is as dumb as that lady in Power Rangers who told a kid monsters weren't real.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Can they change that stupid name if they do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Darth Walrus posted:

Someone on the GeGeGe no Kitaro staff is incredibly angry about capitalism, and it owns.

I can't wait to see what horrible things Ratman gets away with by the end of the show.

• Locked thread