Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psyer
Mar 26, 2013
There seems to be a fair amount that are interesting.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory - While rewatching S1 again, some of the stuff does not really age that well or I just do not like it as how I remembered. However, I will still watch this to see how it ends up.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - New character design is really bad and will probably not top the original one. Still will watch at least the first couple to see how it is.
Golden Kamui - Hope it can live up to the manga.
Gundam Build Divers - I like Gundams
Gurazeni - Interesting idea and I like sports.
Hinamatsuri - Manga is hilarious.
Major 2nd - I enjoyed my time with Major so let see how this turns out.
My Hero Academia 3 - Interested enough in the first 2 to watch the 3rd one
Persona 5 The Animation - Hopefully better than previous Persona anime adaptions
Piano no Mori - I enjoyed the manga and would like to see this in motion
Steins;Gate 0 - Enjoyed the original anime
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - Enjoyed the manga
Captain Tsubasa (2018) - I like sports anime and I like the actual sport.
Lupin III: Part V - Still watching the last Lupin. Probably will leave this for the future
Megalo Box - Sports anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

dogsicle posted:

a bunch of other announcements came out alongside Vinland Saga:

Dororo remake being produced by MAPPA
Adaptation of the novel Babylon by Mado Nozaki
Adaptation of the (completed) manga Pet by Ranjou Miyake. Takahiro Omori directing, Sadayuki Murai writing.

and a Karakuri Circus PV (it's a MAD, no final animation shown)
https://youtu.be/8jRoqNWKpiw

All of those anime mentioned above are all part of the Twin Engine Network, which is lead by the former lead guy at noitaminA.
Mado Nozaki is the writer of Kado anime.

Here is a good article about Twin Engine that was written a year ago.

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/04/17/new-anime-studios-founded-by-noitaminas-previous-leader/

Also probably to expect more news/announcement this week as AnimeJapan is approaching.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Endorph posted:

Vinland Saga seemed like it was gearing up for an anime for a while, Houseki (which runs in the same magazine) got one and did very well, and then they started doing stage-plays and concerts for Vinland Saga which seemed pretty much like they were revving it up.

Wit's a pretty solid studio for it, at least. Curious about the staff.

The concern is it seems like Wit already has a lot of things on their plate with Attack on Titan S3 and the Kaberneri film. Also, Magus Bride just ending for them. So not much rest for them.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Nowhere is streaming Captain Tsubasa 2018? How did no one pick up any show from the JoJo guys wtf

e; episode 1 was god drat good though.

Viz has streaming rights in US and Europe.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Davincie posted:

guranzi is enjoyable. a bit heavy on the internal monologues (and they repeat a lot) and some odd cgi, but adult pro sports shows are pretty rare and the business stuff is fun

I'm not sure the translator is familiar with baseball terminology based off the description provided and some screenshots that I have seen.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

dogsicle posted:

wouldn't that be pitch in the British sense then?

Yes pitch is field in British colloquialism, but it is never used when describing it a baseball field. If this was soccer, I would call it a pitch.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

So was there any particular reason for the bear in Golden Kamui to be CGI? Like, I dunno, is it some sort of supernatural demon bear that's supposed to look completely out of place from its surroundings? Or did the animators just decide they couldn't/didn't wanna draw a bear?

https://twitter.com/KamuyCentral/status/983391271447232512

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://diff.pics/bscYnEmZrFJS/1

Funimation subs doesn't seem to inspire confidence.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Crain posted:

Does anyone even know when Amazon US is supposed to have Wotakoi out?

Also:

Good job amazon.

Probably tomorrow.

Thursday is the actual airing date in Japan. It is just that Amazon Japan gets noitaminA shows a day early for the 1st episode, which usually also includes English subs but I guess they stopped doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Idle curiosity - is Netflix Simulcasting Maso-Tan outside of the US like they did with VEG?

No.

• Locked thread