Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I can't wait for tea shop anime and Watakoi. Spring season looks hopeful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

There's a lot of calming Spring anime this time around :3:

Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi: I'm still on the fence if I like the premise but MC looks determined and I love the fox ears.

Uchuu Senkan Tiramisł: Grab bag anime and pretty boys in space.

Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori: Combining my two hobbies tea + pretty boys = instant follow.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Eh Wotakoi looked a bit patchy but OP is good. Also, I'm ready for non-HS settings even if it's just offices.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

I had an urge to watch Wotakoi but I was in the middle of a serious Lou Reed binge so I put it on at like 30% volume. Didn't like the VAs at first but they grew on me. It seems to be pretty much exactly the comic and I have the exact same problems with it as the comic so I'll just keep reading it instead. Successfully continuing No Show Spring.

Hmm what are your problems w/the comic? I would like a longer story arc vs mini-stories w/the cast like the date chapter was cute :sigh:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

dogsicle posted:

ah, so it's the ready player one of romcoms

also hell yeah I'd love to read a wotakoi that spent more time interrogating both the individual characters' connections to media and that media fandom/impact/development

when will I be free from RP1?!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

tea shop anime continues to be good and great food.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Surprise drama in Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori? We'll find out next time :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

DisDisDis: watch tea shop anime it has A+ men and cakes

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

i cant really get into aggretsuko because its cranked out by a huge corporation that sues anyone who so much as draws a doodle of hello kitty, and its all about how working an office job sucks

idk it feels the same as those like, 'ironic' 'you'll never afford a house so buy our shoes' advertisements to me

too real :gbsmith:

although ive come to embrace never owning property and renting forever nowadays.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

VE ended up being one of the better last season shows and the animation is lovely. I would say watch it if you don't mind a sketchy plot/characters other than Violet.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Mobage killed video games. RIP.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Knorth posted:

Yotsuiro Biyori this week was a lovely flashback to Sui first deciding to reopen Rokuhoudou and now I'm really hungry for some small fish rice :3:

:same:

This is the perfect fantasy of self-employment. Anime providing perfect escapism since 2004.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

superLINUS posted:

Four Lovely Men Who Run A Lovely Cafe That Serves Lovely Food continues to be LOVELY.

Anime of the summer. I love matcha-flavored foods.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Another great ep of Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori :gbsmith:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Knorth posted:

ganbatte :3:

Best show of the season and cakes.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Sorry, but I only follow shoujo for my phat emotional beats.

Still waiting for the RoV movie. Did you know they planning a HS spin-off VN of it?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I am appalled and intrigued in equal measure, if I decoded these acronyms right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogw68jSGOzA

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-03/rose-of-versailles-gets-screen-adaptation-game-in-school-setting/.120889

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1009821035112402945
I'm probably the only person excited about this but :toot:

Cute anime and I'll watch S2 :3:

• Locked thread