Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
safe pick: Hinamatsuri
risky pick: Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

I started AICO and got to the end of episode 1. It was fine, and there's nothing inherently wrong with it (unlike Devilman Crybaby), but it's just not for me.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

DisDisDis posted:

what didn't you like about crybaby

I didn’t like the art style - but I understand that’s purely a personal aesthetic thing - but mostly I didn’t like the LOOK, BOOBS & BLOOD! Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind boobs and blood in my anime, but this seemed to revel in it almost to the point of being it’s sole point.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

I watched Human Girl Will Be Thirsty For Fox Boy and it was okay. I’ll keep watching.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

Comic Girls is off to a nice start and is eminently GIFable

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

I tried Hinamatsuri and Devil’s Line, and neither clicked for me. I like iyashikai - will I like Pretty Derby Girls?

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

I binged the first 3 episodes of Horse Girl Show and it started out creepy weird but cute and has just turned out cute.

I also watched the first episode of Gay Men Cafe, which was LOVELY, and Creature Family Days, which I’ll stick with for now...

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

Added the first episodes of Caligula and Wotaku to my watched list. Caligula has an interesting enough premise but there’s something a little off about the art. I’ll watch more. Wotaku is lovely. It’s no MMO Junkie but it’ll do for this season.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

TOP draGUN is amazing. I’m hooked. The art style is different to what I’m used to and took a few minutes to get, but it’s part of the charm.

superLINUS fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 14, 2018

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

I dropped Caligula but Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi and Uma Musume continue to be delightful. Sleeper of the season for me so far is Fumikiri Jikan, which may be a short but is just wonderful!

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

I just watched Horse Girls 5 and my heart grew two sizes!

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

Four Handsome Men Who Run A Cafe is the sweetest show of the season, hands down.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

So Fumikiri Jikan had an episode this week.

o_O

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

Four Lovely Men Who Run A Lovely Cafe That Serves Lovely Food continues to be LOVELY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

So, with the season almost at an end, here’s my favourites:

More Of The Same But Wow!
My Hero Academia, season 3: it’s been a wild ride so far, with those of us not following the manga on the edge of our seats with some really suspenseful action stuff.

It Wasn’t On My List But You Guys Hyped It
Megalo Box: I was going to swerve it, and tbh I’m still not interested in most sports anime. But this is just SO GOOD and SO RETRO and just SO!
(see also Hisone + Masotan)

It Looked Creepy At First But Turned Out Aces
Uma Musume - Pretty Derby: Once you got past the slightly creepy premise, this is a show with MASSIVE heart, and if MHA has you in the edge of your seat with fear, this does it with exciting Horse girl racing. Weird but good.
(see also Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi)

Slice Of Life Is Best Slice
Comic Girls: Yeah, it’s slight but it’s cute AF. Kaos-chan is all of us, only as a 16yr old mangaka.
(see also Fumikiri Jikkan)

It’s Pretty Gay (Not That There’s Anything Wrong With That)
Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori: four lovely men run a lovely cafe, serving lovely food and scary lattes. Iyashekai at its finest.

• Locked thread