Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Election day you fools! Illinois holds primaries today from Districts 1-18. Why you should care.

This cursed Ralph Fiennes crossed with a 6 foot rat is Daniel Lipinski, the bluest of Blue (balled) Dogs, an anti-choice (supports a ban on abortion after 20 weeks), anti-gun control seven term representative whose father basically gave him his seat. He was the only Dem representative to vote against the ACA, against embryonic stem research, and one of the few to vote against the Dream Act.

His opponent?

Marie Newman, a political novice whose most known for creating anti-bullying advocacy campaign and organization, she's being backed by the SEIU and other unions, Emily's list, and other progressive groups, including prominent Dem representatives like Guitterez. She's running on getting the Dream Act passed, better labor protections, and preserving reproductive rights. Last I checked she has about a 1/10 of Lipinksi's total fundraising.

This is interesting b/c it's being seen as a bellweather for the increasing shift in the Dem electorate, as Lipinkski sees himself as the last of the "big tent Democrats" that can sway conservative Trump voters.

Newman got the vaunted Gillibrand endorsement, which has had the highest rate of success from any big name endorser so far this primary and special election season as she has sought out progressive leaning and ambitious women for office, guaranteed to burnish her credentials come 2020.

Governor Rauner is also facing a rightwing primary challenge from Rep. Jeanne Ives, who from what I can tell is ravenously conservative and got into the race b/c Rauner hesitated on killing all the illegal immigrants.

The Dems have a pretty ho-hum primary for governor, including a Kennedy and a billionaire who is the heir apparent, but is lacking in enthusiasm from, well, anybody.

Shageletic has issued a correction as of 17:18 on Mar 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Daniel Piss

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Jeb!

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry BernieBros, if Lipinski is good enough for Madam Pelosi, he's good enough for me.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/MaryAnnAhernNBC/status/976217397542707200

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

cant wait for biss and kennedy to split the vote evenly giving the primary to pritzker then have to vote for another corrupt billionaire purely because the republican version of the corrupt billionaire is worse but then he wins anyway

2016 forever

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

bennyfranks posted:

cant wait for biss and kennedy to split the vote evenly giving the primary to pritzker then have to vote for another corrupt billionaire purely because the republican version of the corrupt billionaire is worse but then he wins anyway

2016 forever

biss should have earned those votes though

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol

Billions can't buy friends

I thought we had 25 minutes left till polls close then remembered you illinois folks have that stupid rear end central time bullshit

e: ACTUALLY, it's 25 minutes, 7pm for central time, that fake rear end time zone

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Voted Biss.

Voted legal weed.

Voted Wu-Tang Clan.

Pox
Feb 16, 2015
My YouTube is spamming a Bruce Rouner ad accusing his opponent of being pro-child abuse because of some vague answer she gave in a beauty contest (in think?) and its the single funniest attack ad I've seen.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Voted for Biss, can't wait to deface his signs.

I'm in Bustos's district and I was disappointed that there's so many uncontested races.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
congrats pritzker probably

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"Jayne Mazzotti (Madigan ally) behind in early voting among Champaign County Dems for state central committeewoman. Pamella Gronemeyer with 53%"

gronemeyer is the our revolution-endorsed candidate

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Nice. This seems like a good way to track things: https://elections.suntimes.com/results/

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

newman behind by 3000 votes :ohdear:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/AP/status/976266955329101824

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

and the ap calls it for jabba the hut.

in better news, berrios lost cook county assessor.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

kwame might get attorney general but probably not b/c pat quinn has a white name and was at the top of the ballot

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bennyfranks posted:

2016 forever

Goongrats

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Raila is filing for a new election for assessor

aaaaaaa

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Lipinski is probably gonna win. Pritzker did win, Rauner may not win.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Concerned Citizen posted:

biss should have earned those votes though

Don't ever quote me.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Pissker and Lipisski

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

don't forget chuy garcia fellas, he's cruising in his house primary and presumably will win the general

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Lipinski is probably gonna win. Pritzker did win, Rauner may not win.

Memories of Ned Lamont

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

don't forget chuy garcia fellas, he's cruising in his house primary and presumably will win the general

They're already partying: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-met-jesus-chuy-garcia-congressional-roundup-20180320-story.html

in a cash bar?!?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
25 year old Aaron Ortiz took out a Burke for State Rep, lol

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

open bar requires people to pay in advance. chuy's a man of the people and doesn't gently caress with that

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

pls

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I-I-Impossible!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
nyt might have hosed up a county tho so newman probably still behind but not by that much????

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Pleeeeasseeeeeee

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
it all comes down to crucial dupage county

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol and now its changed to this

:thunk:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Concerned Citizen posted:

it all comes down to crucial dupage county

lol pack it in newman then

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

what the everloving poo poo is going on here

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Soup du Jour posted:

lol pack it in newman then
fwiw decision desk says newman's actually running ahead in will, dupage, and cook, it's just chicago precincts that are going for lipinski
https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/976277391919136768

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/syounglaura/status/976279451003625472?s=21

excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

she's ahead in dupage by a whopping 9-5 vote margin with 50% of precincts reporting (edit: beaten with a post explaining why, seriously what the gently caress illinois)

places like chicago, boston, and NYC are going to be the last areas where the establishment is going to crumble on account of the party machines being at their strongest there

• Locked thread