Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I rememberrenting it, playing it for like all of 5-10 minutes, then forgetting about it until Shadow Hearts 1 was a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I think this series is where Yoko Taro got his inspiration for Weapon Stories considering every character, weapon, monster and item has background info.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
The Hand of Glory thing reminds me of a lot of stories that always involve an evil left hand or arm. Seems to be a go-to thing for chuunis.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Okay, I've been doing some catch-up on the LP. If this was a tabletop game, then the bad ending to Charlotte's quest would basically have been Koudelka having rolled a 1 on Diplomacy.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Yeah, I have a short teenager and a walking suit of armor who can attest that trying to raise the dead is a bad idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

EagerSleeper posted:

That's not how knees work! :gonk:

That's not either! :cry:

<swirling around in some magic portal dimension> This is some heathen bullshiiit aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgh!
<swirling around as well> Aaaaaaaaaaaagh!

*the scenery starts to clear, settle, and become fixed*

Uh? Okay...? I don't see Bacon or any sign of the monastery anymore, but it's daytime and it seems like we're on some university campus. What the hell?
...No, it couldn't be... It's impossible!
What is? What's going on?
T-these are my old college days...!
Huh?
Perhaps if I study the ways of the blade maybe Elaine will notice me.
Noooooo! Koudelka, please! Look away! For the love of God, look away!

(Also thank you for letting me know about the incorrect title on the Youtube video, I'm trying to fix that right now. :sweatdrop:)

Okay, the concept of a fedora wearing (and likely flame shirt wearing) chuunibyou James who “studied the blade” sounds so wrong! :getin:

• Locked thread