Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My general theory of Uber is they're greedy assholes but they're lazy as poo poo, I don't think they could muster up the shits to give to orchestrate a conspiracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Sure nobody was basing their idea of what happened off that video, but anybody saying anything contrary to what that video showed is just full of poo poo and a conspiracy theorist

Listen to yourself dude and take a step backa

Quote me troll, just stop posting if you're not going to be responding to people in the thread instead of this imaginary character in your head.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ElCondemn posted:

Quote me troll, just stop posting if you're not going to be responding to people in the thread instead of this imaginary character in your head.

so we've got conspiracy theorist, full of poo poo, troll, and now QUOTE WHERE I SAID THAT like i was specifically talking about him and not the fact that in general there were people in the last thread basing their interpretation off that video and getting really mad when people offered counter claims

you're a good poster

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
like did you just force yourself to forget oocc's nonsense about actually its a great pieceof footage because iphone cameras that happened in i think two different threads, separately

because i wouldn't blame you if you did, but you also can't tell me there weren't posters WHO I'M NOT SAYING WERE YOU BECAUSE I DONT THINK YOU SAID THIS who were vehemently defending that footage as being the best representation of what happened

i'm emphasizing this again, i don't think you're one of these people, but there were absolutely posters who got real ride or die on that video being one hundred percent accurate and good and true

this isn't to say uber manipulated the footage! because i think that's stupid too!

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

there were absolutely posters who got real ride or die on that video being one hundred percent accurate and good and true

The video is accurate and true, it shows the vehicle failing to respond to a person in front of it.

You’re arguing against yourself, nobody is making outrageous claims or defending Uber in any way. Nobody said Uber wasn’t at fault, you just started arguing against anyone who dared to say that the video footage wasn’t misleading.

Feel free to quote the people you’re railing against, I think you’ll find that you’re projecting your assumptions onto whoever is a convenient target.

Edit:
My conspiracy theory about the accident is that Uber isn’t using all the sensor data to make decisions. Or at the very least they’ve tuned down the lidar weight because lidar performs poorly in adverse weather situations.

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 24, 2018

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Clearly it was a CIA false flag to help the Democrats begin the process of government takeover of Silicon Valley

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ElCondemn posted:

Really? Because they go into analysis of headlight distance, and how the driver should've seen the person 4 seconds before impact. Yet we never see the driver look away for more than 4 seconds.

I think it's pretty clear they're implying something more than just a poorly configured camera. But even so I'm not really sure what the point of all of this is, if it were as bright as you and these arm chair video analysis experts are claiming then why didn't the driver see the pedestrian way earlier? None of this has anything to do with the failure with the sensor system in that car.

I don't see anywhere that they're implying that. They openly conclude that the camera just wasn't configured well for nighttime recording, and make absolutely no attempt whatsoever to imply any nefarious intent behind it. As far as I can tell, you just made that up out of thin air so you could accuse the person who posted the link of being a conspiracy theorist. Someone posted some useful and pertinent context for the video, and you're challenging everyone who comments on it to internet fights while demanding that they convince you of the relevance of that context.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

ElCondemn posted:

So we shouldn’t automate because truck drivers will turn into nazis? This seems pretty stupid, there have been many technological revolutions in the past several hundred years yet we still keep finding poo poo for people to do (in fact every revolution creates more poo poo to do). I understand people think there is a finite amount of work to be done, but I just don’t see that happening. People will always want things and others will always be providing.

Maybe if we advance to the point where we live in a Wall-e style robo-butler smoothie chair future... but we’ve got so many steps to get there. Not only that but we already see that these changes start in large cities and slowly make it out to the rest of the world, people will be driving trucks for a while. Maybe some distribution changes will happen in short order but it will take time and not everyone will be driven to lynch minorities.

If I understand correctly, automated vehicles are single-digit years away from putting a million+ truck drivers out of a job. What, specifically, do you propose these people do? Where do they all work that provides the same level of income? Absent a real social safety net, then yes, the alt-right provides a convenient outlet for that sense of futility and frustration. Your snide dismissal and blind assertion that “we keep finding poo poo for people to do” is a textbook example of the pollyanna techno utopian bullshit that’s led us to the dystopian world we’re living in right now. Like I said, there’s a lot of cool poo poo happening in the automation space right now. But if you and your ilk can’t be assed to send a few minutes thinking through what is going to happen to the millions of people who are affected by this technology, then you might as well close the thread now as we slip closer and closer to the Blade Runner hellscape that we all innately fear is coming. It’s not 1996 anymore. Technology has real-world consequences.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Kobayashi posted:

If I understand correctly, automated vehicles are single-digit years away from putting a million+ truck drivers out of a job. What, specifically, do you propose these people do? Where do they all work that provides the same level of income? Absent a real social safety net, then yes, the alt-right provides a convenient outlet for that sense of futility and frustration. Your snide dismissal and blind assertion that “we keep finding poo poo for people to do” is a textbook example of the pollyanna techno utopian bullshit that’s led us to the dystopian world we’re living in right now. Like I said, there’s a lot of cool poo poo happening in the automation space right now. But if you and your ilk can’t be assed to send a few minutes thinking through what is going to happen to the millions of people who are affected by this technology, then you might as well close the thread now as we slip closer and closer to the Blade Runner hellscape that we all innately fear is coming. It’s not 1996 anymore. Technology has real-world consequences.

Who said automated vehicles are single digit years from putting a million truck divers out of business? You're just making assumptions about how quickly these jobs will go away. And worse, you're implying that we need to keep these jobs around otherwise we risk radicalizing the people who are affected. If that's a real problem then we're already hosed because we're putting people out of jobs due to globalization way faster than automation is doing it.

My "snide dismissal" is just being realistic, the fact that you think we're living in a dystopian world at the moment means there's nothing that will convince you. If you think the world today is worse off than before the countless technical revolutions we've had (loom, printing pres, steam engine, transistors, cars, internet, the list goes on) you're just crazy. By basically every metric we are better off today than we were in 1996 or any decade prior.

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 24, 2018

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

boner confessor posted:

pretty cool conspiracy theorizing about a crappy dashcam's bad resolution which wasn't even part of the car's sensor suite anyway

no-one's been making conspiracy theories boner confessor.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ElCondemn posted:

The video is accurate and true, it shows the vehicle failing to respond to a person in front of it.

You’re arguing against yourself, nobody is making outrageous claims or defending Uber in any way. Nobody said Uber wasn’t at fault, you just started arguing against anyone who dared to say that the video footage wasn’t misleading.

Feel free to quote the people you’re railing against, I think you’ll find that you’re projecting your assumptions onto whoever is a convenient target.

Edit:
My conspiracy theory about the accident is that Uber isn’t using all the sensor data to make decisions. Or at the very least they’ve tuned down the lidar weight because lidar performs poorly in adverse weather situations.

Glad you cut out the part where I provided the specific example of someone arguing about how the view in the footage was a good representation of what it was filming, wouldn't want you to admit being wrong

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ElCondemn posted:

My "snide dismissal" is just being realistic, the fact that you think we're living in a dystopian world at the moment means there's nothing that will convince you. If you think the world today is worse off than before the countless technical revolutions we've had (loom, printing pres, steam engine, transistors, cars, internet, the list goes on) you're just crazy. By basically every metric we are better off today than we were in 1996 or any decade prior.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
We in 2018 are much better off as income equality gets worse and worse than a decade without smartphones but also without absolutely mind loving student loan debt

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

ElCondemn posted:

Who said automated vehicles are single digit years from putting a million truck divers out of business? You're just making assumptions about how quickly these jobs will go away. And worse, you're implying that we need to keep these jobs around otherwise we risk radicalizing the people who are affected. If that's a real problem then we're already hosed because we're putting people out of jobs due to globalization way faster than automation is doing it.

Automation eliminates more jobs than globalization. People without jobs are more susceptible to radicalization. I don’t want to put that too strongly, ie the “economically disaffected white voters” canard, but come on, if we can’t agree to the fundamentally dystopian tack we’re on with Trump and the disastrously misaligned incentives Google, Facebook, and Twitter are trapped by, then maybe we should back up and restate the goals of this thread.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Just because we’re better off today doesn’t mean there aren’t serious problems, let’s not pretend like technological progress is making it worse. Everyone having access to a refrigerator is amazing progress, but it’s not the bar we want to aim for.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I can’t wait until automation takes over comic books and no more human authors are involved. You basically can’t tell the difference as it stands. It’s just cheaper to hire lovely human hacks than robot ones right now.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Kobayashi posted:

How about the left uses these years to create an alternative political impulse to unemployed and disenfranchised..

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Doctor Malaver posted:

How about the left uses these years to create an alternative political impulse to unemployed and disenfranchised..

Because the left in America has very little actual power, because there isn't an actual left wing party, but that's a discussion for another thread

Regardless, the jobs lost due to automation is still something worth talking about critically

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I was serious, automation is coming to take comic industry jobs:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/14/samsungs-c-lab-adds-character-to-ai-at-sxsw/

quote:

The first concept on show was Toonsquare, which uses AI to convert sentences into cartoons. Like Samsung's AR Emoji, the process starts with a selfie but instead of creating a creepy 3D version of you, it generates a cutesy chibi. A few of us tried this out, and each time the character was a convincing (if unflattering) representation.

Once you have your character, you type words into speech bubbles, and the AI will work to discern the emotions in each sentence. It'll then customize the pose and expression of the character, and the formatting of the speech bubble, to match the words. We tried it with basic sentences, and it seemed to be fairly robust.

The idea is that you can string together panels into comic strips, picture diaries, or just create single shareable images. The team is also considering whether the app may have health or educational benefits -- it would be easy to turn the app into a visual tool to help young children with autism to express emotions.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Trabisnikof posted:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/14/samsungs-c-lab-adds-character-to-ai-at-sxsw/

yeah, i'm sure this is gonna replace the comics industry real soon

when i think about how much i love eating icecream, i think scorched desert wasteland

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Condiv posted:

yeah, i'm sure this is gonna replace the comics industry real soon

when i think about how much i love eating icecream, i think scorched desert wasteland

Looks as good as a number of popular web comics.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

It works well with Comic books because I swear half their plots are already generated by Markov Chain or Neural Nets fed a series of comic cliches.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

ElCondemn posted:

Just because we’re better off today doesn’t mean there aren’t serious problems, let’s not pretend like technological progress is making it worse. Everyone having access to a refrigerator is amazing progress, but it’s not the bar we want to aim for.

Really now. Our troubles with income inequality aren't caused by technology - they're caused by people maintaining some quasi-religious dedication to laissez faire capitalism, callously ignoring areas where it has been failing society. Many of those people have been conned into voting against their own interests via right-wing sound bites which flunk the simplest of logical analysis.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Trabisnikof posted:

Jeff Lemire watch out,

(Shut up)

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

microsoft comic chat was ahead of its time

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Waymo announced a manufacturing partnership with Jaguar to build in self-driving capabilities in the assembly line (as opposed to retrofitting) for up to 20k I-Paces (their new electric SUV): https://medium.com/waymo/meet-our-newest-self-driving-vehicle-the-all-electric-jaguar-i-pace-375cecc70eb8

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/27/17165992/waymo-jaguar-i-pace-self-driving-ny-auto-show-2018

IIRC their previous deal with Chrysler was only in the range of hundreds of units so this is obviously a big jump in scale and seriousness, especially since they're integrating directly into manufacturing.

Cicero fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 27, 2018

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/automotive_news/status/978639049794625536?s=21

Also, the governor of Arizona has revoked Uber’s permission to test self driving vehicles indefinitely

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Duh? Uber disabled the vehicle safety systems on all of their cars when they retrofitted them because they had their own (horrendously lovely) collision avoidance system.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Condiv posted:

Also, the governor of Arizona has revoked Uber’s permission to test self driving vehicles indefinitely

This is clearly the correct move. Uber and other autonomous vehicle companies need to create a compliance/test organization that can do third party public testing to prove they should be allowed back on the streets. They either deal with this problem themselves or they'll have a real tough time convincing local governments to let them operate.

Baronash posted:

Duh? Uber disabled the vehicle safety systems on all of their cars when they retrofitted them because they had their own (horrendously lovely) collision avoidance system.

quote:

"The video released by the police seems to demonstrate that even the most basic building block of an autonomous vehicle system, the ability to detect and classify objects, is a challenging task," Mobileye CEO Amnon Shashua wrote on Intel's website. "It is this same technology that is required, before tackling even tougher challenges, as a foundational element of fully autonomous vehicles of the future."

Apparently this rear end in a top hat is pretending like Uber is just dealing with a hard problem, even though they successfully ship a product that does the same thing... every major car manufacturer has this type of technology and it's active in a huge number of models on the road today.

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 27, 2018

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ElCondemn posted:

This is clearly the correct move. Uber and other autonomous vehicle companies need to create a compliance/test organization that can do third party public testing to prove they should be allowed back on the streets. They either deal with this problem themselves or they'll have a real tough time convincing local governments to let them operate.

Apparently this rear end in a top hat is pretending like Uber is just dealing with a hard problem, even though they successfully ship a product that does the same thing... every major car manufacturer has this type of technology and it's active in a huge number of models on the road today.

I think in the context, he's saying "if our software could do it with your lovely rear end second-hand video, uber's software blows" since they detected her but Uber never did.

quote:

Intel's Mobileye, which makes chips and sensors used in collision-avoidance systems and is a supplier to Aptiv, said Monday that it tested its own software after the crash by playing a video of the Uber incident on a television monitor.

Mobileye said it was able to detect Herzberg one second before impact in its internal tests, despite the poor second-hand quality of the video relative to a direct connection to cameras equipped to the car.

"The video released by the police seems to demonstrate that even the most basic building block of an autonomous vehicle system, the ability to detect and classify objects, is a challenging task," Mobileye CEO Amnon Shashua wrote on Intel's website. "It is this same technology that is required, before tackling even tougher challenges, as a foundational element of fully autonomous vehicles of the future."

So buy our software!

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

I think in the context, he's saying "if our software could do it with your lovely rear end second-hand video, uber's software blows" since they detected her but Uber never did.

So buy our software!

Ah, I get it, he's taking a jab at them by calling it a "hard problem" since it's literally the one thing autonomous cars are supposed to do well right now.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
edit: beaten / nm

ElCondemn posted:

Apparently this rear end in a top hat is pretending like Uber is just dealing with a hard problem, even though they successfully ship a product that does the same thing... every major car manufacturer has this technology and it's active in a huge number of models on the road today.
I looked it up because a person in his position saying that would be confusing: He's saying object detection / collision detection is harder than it seems but has been solved-to-some-extent by other players (including his group of course) and Uber is potentially loving the scene up by just winging it with a half-baked system and letting bodies hit the floor. And then some "let's come up with some industry standards for safety and transparency etc." which is a little self-serving but also a good idea.
https://www.slashgear.com/intel-responds-to-uber-self-driving-accident-with-critical-analysis-26524489/

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I just found out about Tacotron -- apparently the name for Google's text-to-speech system that's being researched -- and this poo poo is crazy, way more advanced and natural-sounding than I thought we were at: https://google.github.io/tacotron/publications/global_style_tokens/index.html

This page is mostly about style transfer, mimicking a speaker's speech patterns for arbitrary text. Check out the samples for Style 2 under Short Web Search Responses, they're hilarious.

Here's the main page for Tacotron with some more links: https://google.github.io/tacotron/

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

ElCondemn posted:

Uh, the gently caress? The absolutely last thing we need is some fee-based third party organization to deal with compliance. I saw this poo poo in food safety first hand and it’s little more than two different companies fighting for client fees in exchange for certifications rather than putting the consumers first.

The certifying org needs to be a well funded government agency, not some opaque, private group. Come on now.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Bloomberg is claiming that "labor productivity" isn't keeping up with the growth of industrial automation what the gently caress definition of "labor productivity" are they using to make these claims?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-10/robots-are-now-everywhere-except-in-the-productivity-statistics

The article is really badly written, they seem to be implying that AI and machine learning are being taken into account in these stats...

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

ElCondemn posted:

Bloomberg is claiming that "labor productivity" isn't keeping up with the growth of industrial automation what the gently caress definition of "labor productivity" are they using to make these claims?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-10/robots-are-now-everywhere-except-in-the-productivity-statistics

The article is really badly written, they seem to be implying that AI and machine learning are being taken into account in these stats...

Labor productivity is basically output divided by hours worked. At the nation level it is GDP/hours worked. So automation can increase productivity by increasing output while keeping hours the same. Or by keeping output the same while lowering hours worked.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ElCondemn posted:

It means that despite the drastic rise in automation over the past ten years, the amount of profitable stuff being produced has essentially flatlined. This chart from the original blog post should be a bit more clear (though it's hard to make sense of the units):

As you can see, the number of robots in industrial manufacturing has risen drastically since 2009, but the number or value of things produced has been stuck at early-90s levels for the last decade. This suggests that rather than using automation to increase production by allowing companies to accomplish more with the same amount of workers, companies are just using automation to eliminate workers and aren't interested in increasing production. That means lots of bad things!

For instance, most pro-automation arguments rely on the fact that in basically every previous wave of major automation, productivity skyrocketed, which meant that the economy grew, companies expanded, and employers actually hired more workers to operate the machines as they expanded. The automation just served to help fill unmet demand, and made it more affordable and practical for companies to expand and hire more workers. Many pro-automation arguments assume that this will always happen, and that we therefore don't need to worry about the effects of automation on employment. But that's not happening this time. Productivity is not going up, which means companies aren't expanding their operations, which means that they're firing workers rather than hiring them. That's not good.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

That chart is comparing the number of industrial robots (going up!), the number of patents on industrial robots (also going up, but slower!), and the yearly sales value of the industrial robot industry (going down!).

I have no idea why anyone not in the business of making industrial robots would care about those things and it has nothing to do with production in the larger economy.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Foxfire_ posted:

That chart is comparing the number of industrial robots (going up!), the number of patents on industrial robots (also going up, but slower!), and the yearly sales value of the industrial robot industry (going down!).

No, the "Computer and Industrial Machinery" category doesn't mean "industrial robots" it means:

quote:

Industry Group 351: Engines And Turbines
3511 Steam, Gas, and Hydraulic Turbines, and Turbine Generator Set Units
3519 Internal Combustion Engines, Not Elsewhere Classified
Industry Group 352: Farm And Garden Machinery And Equipment
3523 Farm Machinery and Equipment
3524 Lawn and Garden Tractors and Home Lawn and Garden Equipment
Industry Group 353: Construction, Mining, And Materials Handling
3531 Construction Machinery and Equipment
3532 Mining Machinery and Equipment, Except Oil and Gas Field Machinery and Equipment
3533 Oil and Gas Field Machinery and Equipment
3534 Elevators and Moving Stairways
3535 Conveyors and Conveying Equipment
3536 Overhead Traveling Cranes, Hoists, and Monorail Systems
3537 Industrial Trucks, Tractors, Trailers, and Stackers
Industry Group 354: Metalworking Machinery And Equipment
3541 Machine Tools, Metal Cutting Types
3542 Machine Tools, Metal Forming Types
3543 Industrial Patterns
3544 Special Dies and Tools, Die Sets, Jigs and Fixtures, and Industrial Molds
3545 Cutting Tools, Machine Tool Accessories, and Machinists' Precision Measuring Devices
3546 Power-Driven Handtools
3547 Rolling Mill Machinery and Equipment
3548 Electric and Gas Welding and Soldering Equipment
3549 Metalworking Machinery, Not Elsewhere Classified
Industry Group 355: Special Industry Machinery, Except Metalworking
3552 Textile Machinery
3553 Woodworking Machinery
3554 Paper Industries Machinery
3555 Printing Trades Machinery and Equipment
3556 Food Products Machinery
3559 Special Industry Machinery, Not Elsewhere Classified
Industry Group 356: General Industrial Machinery And Equipment
3561 Pumps and Pumping Equipment
3562 Ball and Roller Bearings
3563 Air and Gas Compressors
3564 Industrial and Commercial Fans and Blowers and Air Purification Equipment
3565 Packaging Machinery
3566 Speed Changers, Industrial High-Speed Drives, and Gears
3567 Industrial Process Furnaces and Ovens
3568 Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment, Not Elsewhere Classified
3569 General Industrial Machinery and Equipment, Not Elsewhere
Industry Group 357: Computer And Office Equipment
3571 Electronic Computers
3572 Computer Storage Devices
3575 Computer Terminals
3577 Computer Peripheral Equipment, Not Elsewhere Classified
3578 Calculating and Accounting Machines, Except Electronic Computers
3579 Office Machines, Not Elsewhere Classified
Industry Group 358: Refrigeration And Service Industry Machinery
3581 Automatic Vending Machines
3582 Commercial Laundry, Drycleaning, and Pressing Machines
3585 Air-Conditioning and Warm Air Heating Equipment and Commercial and Industrial Refrigeration Equipment
3586 Measuring and Dispensing Pumps
3589 Service Industry Machinery, Not Elsewhere Classified
Industry Group 359: Miscellaneous Industrial And Commercial
3592 Carburetors, Pistons, Piston Rings, and Valves
3593 Fluid Power Cylinders and Actuators
3594 Fluid Power Pumps and Motors
3596 Scales and Balances, Except Laboratory
3599 Industrial and Commercial Machinery and Equipment, Not Elsewhere Classified

So the concept that "more robots doesn't mean more productivity" in this sector does have wider implications

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

No, the "Computer and Industrial Machinery" category doesn't mean "industrial robots" it means:

So the concept that "more robots doesn't mean more productivity" in this sector does have wider implications

Does this mean that because production has flatlined we're losing growth in these industries to globalization or something? I don't understand why that number is unmoving, demand is increasing for these good so it should all be rising as our population grows, no?