Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cruft

Piso Mojado posted:

here's my hawg

^^^ This bike rules, and makes me pine for Seattle. I dig your choice in panniers and saddle. The fenders and front rack make it look totally badass. This is 100% my kind of bike.

Here's my normal bike, with an assload of ice and a spooky jack-o-lantern hanging from the saddle:

Here's the bike I keep at work, on account of I walk to work and this helps me get around campus quicker:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I need to change the gear cables (inners and outers) on my road bike so I bought some. It was only when I got home that I remembered the annoyance of road bikes and replacing cables is you need to put new grip tape on too. And I hadn't bought any.

So I went online, ordered tape and treated myself to some new gloves too. I'll put up with the shifting up twice, down once to move one gear annoyance for now.

I always just cut off the cap at the derailer, then yank the other end out of the shifter. Then you can cram the new cable into the housing and pull it through once it pokes its head out the other end. I use bar-end shifters, though, this may not work with the "I don't have time to move my hand to shift or pull over to pee because I'm busy winning the Tour de Poughkeepsie" integrated brake-shifter race-o-matic things.

cruft

These are totally a thing where I live:

These too, but they're going out of style:

cruft

i flunked out posted:

anyone else ride a fixie?

I had one for a couple years, and it was okay I guess. One day while I was fighting like mad to control my downhill speed (lots of hills in the rocky mountains, turns out) it occurred to me that humanity has invented the technology to not make hills a complete pain in the rear end.

In that moment, I was enlightened.

• Locked thread