Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

blaise rascal posted:

Here's my bike question:

I took the bike out yesterday for the first time in years, and pedaling didn't do anything because the chain had slipped off the rear wheel. I kinda tried to thread it back on, but whatever I was doing didn't work.

What do

did you turn the wheel while you thread the chain back on

Like stand the bike upside down or have a friend hold the rear aloft and turn the pedals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

biking to work owns actually

alnilam

The rim on my rear wheel blew out while i was fixing a flat in order to get home from work which is 6 miles from the train station, hooray for friendly coworkers driving by :toot:

alnilam

Adiabatic posted:

if theyre so friendly why didnt they stop

they did they drove me and my bike to the station that's what i meant

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

what on earth does one do on these things when coming up to an intersection where the light is against you and there's cross traffic?

I rode a tall-boy for like ten minutes once. it's tricky to mount, start, stop, etc, but you get the hang of it

alnilam

Bo-Pepper posted:

THAT'S WHAT SHE loving SAID GODDAMMIT

:wiggle:

Manifisto posted:

I believe it, but I guess I mean as a mechanical matter, what do you do? do you have to hop down onto the ground?

:wiggle::wiggle:

alnilam

really tho this is probably the easiest way to explain

https://youtu.be/By5E00tl4U0

the one i rode didn't have pegs but you find somewhere else to step

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

I begrudgingly rode a housemate's spare fixie for a few months once after my frame broke and i had to build a new bike transfer my working parts over to another, almost identical ubiquitous 70s schwinn frame

It was a neat experience i guess but it only reinforced my notion that riding a fixie in one of the hilliest cities in the country is dumb

• Locked thread