Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Switching art styles this late is so loving funny. There's so much media for the game already out there that will just never be remotely accurate now

The game is never coming out so it won't matter but lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Did they just absorb all of the Crowfall artists

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

LuckyCat posted:

I completely forgot there were cut classes.

Rift was another one that had really unique classes. I’ve probably already gushed in most threads in this forum about how fun Chloromancer was.

There was also the Saboteur “soul” that tossed bombs before hitting detonate and watching the opposing player/mob explode. I think you could stack something like 5 bombs in quick succession before detonating. It was OP but very fun.

I’m looking at a list of souls in Rift I googled and found Physician- I don’t think this was one that was in at launch? Uses alchemy and a bow to fire off arrows with healing draughts and shield potions to allies. That sounds amazing. Similar to agent/smuggler in SWTOR, I love healers that use devices to heal rather than magic.

Warden was a cleric soul that used water to heal. I love the aesthetic of water healing in any game.

And finally, Justicar, another cleric soul which used melee combat but still served as healer, and could even tank. I’ve always loved the idea of a melee cleric. Lots of games give them heavy armor and mace/shield combos and then make them stand back and just use magic.

Sabo PvP was so fun because 90% of players just never noticed the bombs stacking on them and then they'd run back into their team

Also Riftstalker on the capture the flag map was some very dumb fun poo poo