Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

TheAgent posted:

I'd also like to point out almost all of the classes and abilities you guys love were designed with zero brad input and he was surprised people actually liked them because he thought they were all terrible

I didn't play Vanguard a whole lot (I think I got to level 35 then stopped around there) but I played enough to know that the Psionicist was a super great class that was fun to play.

Xae posted:

It was one of those 50/50 things.

Half of it was incredibly awesome. The other half of things was completely terrible.

Sure, you had probably the best class concepts an MMO had ever seen.

But the engine runs like rear end, it is all poorly balanced, laggy as hell, burdened with stupid systems, poorly explained and looks bad on top of all of that.

That game's sky boxes and volumetric clouds were pretty incredible, even by today's standards. I remember seeing a video that just play a day/night cycle from that game at 3 or 4x the speed and it was amazing looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU