Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
This wreaks of cash grab to fund McQuaid's horrible pill addiction.

That said, I am in. I feel he is sincere in his attempts to create a game that feels like an MMO should. Class strict grouping and a community of players that enjoy progressing together vs. the alternative offered today. We've tried GW2 and ESO recently and had fun for a few hours, but neither of us (Ehud is my brother) felt any requirements to stay grouped during pre-endgame content.

I can't remember the last time I played an MMO where it required a group to take down the trash. Maybe in an instanced raid, but I too hate instanced content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Played a Disciple, game was awesome. I would jump all up on top of a Vanguard private server and ride it like a dirty slut.

I'm saying I would play it.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

They should just leave a couple races out for expansions/DLC.

Dark Myr and Skar both seem EQ expansion-y.

Can I get a guild invite?

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

The fact that there will be camps again is music to my ears. I don't get the issue with a group running a monopoly, since you have to actually fight to the boss which is not easy. The point of open world is to make items actually rare, and cause contention with other players. Just roll up and ks them, who cares.

Edit: also unlike wow, back in eq good items were not always on the boss. For instance mage items dropped off of one type of mob, rogue might be on another. There were a lot of different bosses in the zones which dropped a rarity of gear. So the end boss quote unquote, might not even really be the best for your class.

Guano Harvester anyone?

I like this guy. Are you LFG?

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
We're all forgetting that having an Enchanter in your group most likely means high level mana regen spells becoming available. Yeah, you have down time when you're a low level group, in a challenging dungeon. It should be that way. Your team should have a hard time clearing content without roles being filled. Highly group centric content is what keeps all of us 40 year old spergs from playing stupid ADD-focused MMOs that get pumped out by terrible studios.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, Everquest and Ultima both had garbage playerbases. Everquest was especially bad with super toxic elitist attitudes and community enforced rules of etiquette that only benefited the hardcore no life players.

I never experienced any of these folks because I never raided in EQ :)

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Hey Ehud, you're wrong and this game will be awesome. Mark my words.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

frajaq posted:

very fun and interesting mechanics!

Summer at Visionary Realms Studios

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
They need to make him a world spawn boss that is near impossible to defeat. What would they name the boss? I'm thinking Cokeasaurus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Super excited to play Pantheon: Rise of the Falling!