Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mulva posted:

The worst part about Vanguard was all the parts that weren't poo poo, where you could say "Man, if they actually had what they needed this could have been something real fun". If it was a total write off, well, who cares? Lots of them in the world. There were just enough things that twigged as "neat" to make it actually show a little bit of promise, which actually makes the monumental gently caress up of it all that much greater.

I swear to God Brad must have photos on people to keep getting hired.

He just threatens people with the George Broussard he has tied up in his basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

milkman dad posted:

I just realized this game has been in development for over 4 years. What's the typical development time for this game? How long was EQ in the making?

For an original MMO made by an actual studio, back when that was a thing that happened? Call it a six year average.

For Kickstarter MMOs? I'll let you know. Eventually.

Orv
May 4, 2011
DDO was fun both with a group of friends actually taking it seriously, and as a solo player using a wizard class to mes things so everyone had to stand around and wait for your various spells to wear off before they could finish the dungeon. My understanding is that it has changed significantly in the last few years/expansions, but I barely even reached the original end game, since it was mostly cool to me as a more story-driven, or at least narrated dungeon crawler thing.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ehud posted:

what about the feeling of camaraderie and bonding with your group mates that can only be found in the pain and suffering of endlessly grinding dungeons??

Left where it belongs, in the past and occasionally on private servers for those with specific brain worms.

Orv
May 4, 2011
L a f f

Orv
May 4, 2011
Star Citizen and Pantheon, hottest MMOs of the 2030s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Googling to find out what on earth the two things they consider complete are found this fun google result.

"What is the release date for Pantheon rise of the fallen?

May 13th, 2021"