Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The worst part about Vanguard was all the parts that weren't poo poo, where you could say "Man, if they actually had what they needed this could have been something real fun". If it was a total write off, well, who cares? Lots of them in the world. There were just enough things that twigged as "neat" to make it actually show a little bit of promise, which actually makes the monumental gently caress up of it all that much greater.

I swear to God Brad must have photos on people to keep getting hired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Freakazoid_ posted:

I've seen quite a few people say the good parts of Vangaurd were very good, except I don't think I've seen anyone explain what the good parts were. At all.

A lot of the classes had cool mechanics, the crafting wasn't bad, Diplomacy was an interesting concept, and so forth. Charm crafting was neat. A lot of little things that didn't make a game [obviously, as it failed], but that *could* have been something.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
How hard is it to go "They are just spell casters with arrow spells" or some such? I mean really, it's not a complicated process. What was so relentless poo poo about them?

e: I mean WoW Hunters were pretty useless for a little bit, but it didn't take them *that* long to approach relevance. I've heard from a few people that EQ Rangers were just terrible forever.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 9, 2018

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Being good at playing video games and getting watched playing video games are generally not two things that go well together.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Tell that to pro league of legends players. Or kripparian

One, most professional gamers are boring as gently caress to watch even when they are good at the game. And two, there is always going to be a top 1% of the top 1% that actually are compelling and competent. It doesn't change the fact the majority are poo poo.

And don't forget to hit that like button and subscribe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
As always, the only thing I want from casters is some armor that doesn't look like a drat robe.