Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

when's beta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ok when is the less than $100 beta?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

Bards were amazing because you could design your own bard songs with a point system that was focused on how much energy maintaining the song cost/second.

As you leveled up, you unlocked customization slots for the song, and gained access to new embellishments, choruses, verses, etc.

goddamn that sounds amazing

why has no mmo ever had a design your own spells feature?

they're all still stuck in the 2004 skill tree

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xae posted:

But the engine runs like rear end, it is all poorly balanced, laggy as hell, burdened with stupid systems, poorly explained and looks bad on top of all of that.

:swoon: my kinda game

who's gonna make an emu?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i miss seeing 80+ people in the dreadlands

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Victorkm posted:

Oh man, how do you get in?

:10bux:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

milkman dad posted:

It all looks like art and animation stuff. I join the vote to go low-poly.

they needs to hire a better branding manager cuz that logo is awful

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

funds are low

coke is low

send hepl

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

what made eq great to me was small gains over a long period of time, i've played it since 1999 and still do, tried every single modern mmo that comes out but nothing ever captures that magic for me like original eq

i was always a solo player but i could still progress making small gains over a period of years by grinding day after day i could reach max level over a period of years

modern mmos treat max level as some kind of hurdle you have to hump over on opening weekend to get to the real endgame

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'll stick to inhaling my own farts, tyvm.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

With McQuaid in Shadowrest who's in charge of Pantheon?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I bet Smedley could save this game

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Vomik posted:

is there really an end-game if there is no game?

perpetual pre-alpha is the endgame

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I am so absolutely hype about this game. It's been a long time coming, but every time I see more of it I am more excited. I love the work they are doing here.
Edit: The pulling looks like the very best parts of what I remember from EQ turned up to 11. THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE SO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ohdear: youtube comments

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

game looks 15 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Sachant posted:

Also early EQ's willingness to just let weird player strategies happen. Imagine bard swarming or shakerpaging persisting for any length of time in any other MMO, Pantheon included, or even just all the crazy things you can do with charm, fear, snares, and so on. Hell, even something like quadding is nearly impossible to find elsewhere.

They left AON clipping through doors alone for 20 years until progression server babbies cried :smith: