Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

clone on the phone posted:

If it's F2P or has an open beta I might download it, but that's about as far as my confidence in Brad extends.

Probably doomed to be a buy game/sub model like everything else, unless it's really goddamned good (which- if the last thread was any indicator, it won't be).

If this ever becomes a thing, which I hope it will- I will play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Ehud posted:

Apparently Bards were great in Vanguard.

Bards were amazing because you could design your own bard songs with a point system that was focused on how much energy maintaining the song cost/second.

As you leveled up, you unlocked customization slots for the song, and gained access to new embellishments, choruses, verses, etc.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

its really bad and they should change it

B-but Brad's patented naming convention 'Verb of the Edgelord Adjective/Noun'.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Xae posted:

It was one of those 50/50 things.

Half of it was incredibly awesome. The other half of things was completely terrible.

Sure, you had probably the best class concepts an MMO had ever seen.

But the engine runs like rear end, it is all poorly balanced, laggy as hell, burdened with stupid systems, poorly explained and looks bad on top of all of that.

What was that huge castle city with the long rear end bridge, the gate house keep and all that, that you could see from half the game away- but never actually make it into?

Because this is the Vanguard Engine experience in a nutshell.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

megalodong posted:

New Targonor? I dunno if that's what you mean though, since you could go in there.

A lot of people complained that they're game came to a screeching halt in the early days of the game when attempting to enter that city

Xolve fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 7, 2018

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

forge posted:

Not sure why they didn't just call them dark elves, and skar are obviously the iksar.

I look forward to the deity system, with totally new and unheard of gods like- Innyruuk and Tazic Chule

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

I said come in! posted:

The question is if the momentum can keep going. Pantheon is still a couple years away.

So... it will be launched the same month/weekend as WoW: Classic and be completely forgotten.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

The only thing that will be on the market by 2020 will be more personal possessions to pay for opioids

:drat:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's too bad brad can't name games and it looks like poo poo. i'd rather it look like old eq than what it looks like.

I always thought he named this after his opioid abuse related erectile dysfunction.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Node posted:

Wait, opioid abuse can cause ED? I'm uhhh asking for a friend

Yes, yes it can

Subjunctive posted:

I thought he was into benzos anyway.

Point still stands.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 23, 2018

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

hobocrunch posted:

RIP.

But it's classic Brad taking out 1 last mmo on his way down.

edit: Also this better not be some hosed up publicity stunt where Brad rises (from being fallen) and surprise release the video game that they've just been keeping hidden this entire time

Faerthale release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Oh poo poo really? Is his forum name Aradune?

The Q&A Pantheon thread with Aradune was a real gem, for sure.