Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
They are catering pretty hard to the Project 1999 crowd which honestly are the only people chomping at the bits for this. I don't see how 3000-4000 subs will make this profitable but my name isn't benzo brad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
VisionQuest ain't cheap! Nor are the mountains of pills.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Does not surprise me he looked like absolute poo poo at the 20th anniversary bash in San Diego. RIP nonetheless fucker took five years of my life so props for those wild times.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Relayer posted:

Well the cause of death still hasn't been publicly released. It *could* be "Brad died at home in a cryogenic chamber and will be brought back to life like in austin powers when pantheon is ready for his new avatar"

Naw it was 100% an overdose, dude was nodding out at the 20th anniversary party.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

We need to recode the whole game and make all these bare minimum features that MMO have, then alpha will be cooking! The good thing though is we can reuse most of the unity assets so don't worry.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

please knock Mom! posted:

Seriously don’t, it’s a hellhole full of casters and the exit is behind a mob which spams ice comet

That mob also has a 500 point AOE that almost iced my raid monk lol

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Ehud posted:

They said at the beginning of the stream that they have 3 devs lol

thread title feeling more real than ever

Wouldn't be surprised if they all live in the same house. A real lean and innovative approach to developement.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

suuma posted:

This doesn't matter because it'll never release, but, something about the way this game looks just makes it look like absolute poo poo. I mean, it looks like an attempt at 2005-2008 era "WoW Killer" and the graphic style is muddied enough that it is both not charming (like EQ1) or texturally-good-looking (I'm sure I'll get poo poo for this, but, say, FF14).

If the intent was to remake EQ, just .. remake EQ. Why make launch-ESO with literal EQ sound effects and text?

e: lol I posted the same thing in 2019, gently caress me

I don't think it was ever supposed to be much of a game. At first it was about milking a bunch of EQ addicts, and once that was done they moved on to milking investors who needed to be reeled in with those 'wow killer' features. Now that brad killed himself with those funds you have a few developers left who never got the message about it being a grift. Although, that is the kind read on things since they are probably just milking what little is left.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

It's never getting released just give it up already lmao

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

how much did that cost you? asking for a friend

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Dude is surprised his do nothing position that he has been collecting a check for is getting cut off once someone in charge of finances took a look.

shirunei fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 19, 2023

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Ehud posted:

I can't get over the idea of a load-bearing tech who is one injury away from taking down your MMO

I mean it's obviously a lie so maybe be a little less credulous lol lmao

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Doing a growth spell on gnomes so they become ogre big is way funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Thank God that Brad did not live to see what this still has not become.