Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The Bramble posted:

Something about the subtitle "Rise of the Fallen" just makes me laugh. I know subtitles in games are generally overly dramatic nonsense, but this one really kind of jumps the shark.

its really bad and they should change it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ive never enjoyed a mmo that didnt have a monthly fee

edit: thats not true I liked Planetside 2 (but the monthly premium account charge in ps2 was pretty much mandatory anyway)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Yeah imo wait until they're calling it a beta before you buy in. I doubt it's worth playing right now and there's no guarantee it will ever reach beta testing

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Cloudsong was a artifact cloak in the second DAoC expansion. Artifacts were special items that you had to level up and they had a chance to drop from certain monsters, a lot like powerful items in EQ. The cloudsong video is about someone on the DAoC full pvp server being killed while camping the NPC that drops Cloudsong and then the killers get a cloudsong from the monster and the killed player goes on their teamspeak or whatever and is real mad. iirc it's staged tho

If I remember right the artifact fights weren't on insanely long timers and didn't necessarily need a group, a lot of them were possible to solo and on normal servers they were in PvE-only zones. They were hotspots on the full pvp servers though and Cloudsong was both really in demand and pretty close to a portal hub, so a lot of loving cloudsongs got stolen

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 19, 2018

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think it's different enough from anything else on the market that it could be pretty popular if it it makes it to release and doesn't suck. Vanguard came out a couple weeks after Burning Crusade released and had to compete with Age of Conan and Warhammer Online within the first couple years. If Pantheon comes out in 2020 there probably won't be anything like it on the horizon besides the newest WoW expansion.

I think the biggest challenge will be making a big cool world that isn't a buggy mess. As far as I know the Visionary Realms team is still pretty tiny by mmo standards

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ehud posted:

Listen if you don’t understand that Pantheon is leading the classic MMO revolution then I don’t know what to tell you.

smedley is going to steal brad's thunder when Amazon's New World is revealed to be a big budget EQ clone set in america

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

TheAgent posted:

All that hilarity, lost. Like pledge tiers for forum access.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Verbose posted:

Cool society we got here, "Don't work in this field because you could get hosed overnight" and we the player base is like "Whatever as long as the horse dicks flop realistically"

in a correct society the state would direct all labor towards good and productive ends instead of developing video games

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Think of the polymorph spell mages get in WoW: mezzing is that but more powerful (you could use mesmerize to lock down multiple dudes in EQ and it didn't heal them like polymorph does)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Citcon posted:

Honestly if yall want a hard mmo experience, try SWTOR. It doesn't get more hardcore than that.

did they make it harder? I played through the empire campaign at launch but it was just wow in space with more voice acting and jankier combat

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I didnt get very far in the original everquest because I was a babby but I played enchanter from 1-50 in one of the progression servers that they did a couple years and it was really strong and fun

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Did they not even give them ice cream

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

mmos were never good

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

"[img posted:

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/f2/5c/00175589.0001.gif[/img]" post="507080928"]
We've had shakeout, but what about shakeout shakeout?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

isnt Among Us a streamlined SS13 clone? I havent actually played either but they sure look similar

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

"pantheon definitely will not launch and hit 20million subscribers in its first year and kill wow" says increasingly nervous man

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

randombattle posted:

The future of currency is lasers because then every transaction is a cool laser fight. That’s how you know it’s the future.
the future is now: https://www.laserfocusworld.com/fiber-optics/article/14183435/hollowcore-fiber-gives-highfrequency-traders-an-edge

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

they can't do that, the first planned expansion is named Fall of the Risen

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

MMO quality over time correlates positively with the cooldown of Lay on Hands

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I want to see it in motion first, I appreciate getting weird and stupid with monster designs