Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goast posted:

So this is in the FAQ
:what:

I hate it when games don't give the morphing options on models to make them as disgustingly fat and deformed as I feel mentally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ehud posted:

I can't understand the economics of this project. It seems like they should already be out of money.

based on the fact they're hiring part time people, they are probably getting close

nobody loving wants a part time engineering job lol

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pathos posted:

4000 people paying 12.99 a month plus the fee of buying the game could let this limp on for a while. I mean, hell, a lot of us naysayers will undoubtedly buy this loving game when it comes out just to see if it can hold a candle to early stage EQ despite how unlikely that may be (myself included).

Ya look at Albion they have like 600 active players (and that's being generous) and that poo poo is still poo poo-limping along.

Also this is a poopsock game for turbonerds who will all run like 3 accounts so they can group with themselves or whatever.\

Throw in some extra micro transactions and they might actually have a successful game here.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really like that they are sticking to a known good game design (eq/p99) that works and just renaming/reskinning classes and races a bit.

Unlike legends of aria which takes a known good game design (uo), vaguely copies a few things and then shits out a mutant baby that nobody wants.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frog Act posted:

Diplomacy was basically nonsense at launch like a lot of their awesome ideas for systems that never quite played out. despite the game being fundamentally unfinished, its the only thing since EverQuest that made me feel like I was actually dropping into a solid world in progress rather than a theme park

I've been reading the Pantheon forums and stuff though and I'm sure it is going to die immediately because they're all lunatics who are hostile to the idea of even having a map in the game at all, much less quest markers or something, which is going to alienate everyone not already level 60 on P1999

Just draw out your own map on a piece of paper ya big baby

Seriously though every mmog is such a trophy dispenser themepark for retard toddlers that pantheon has a good chance to fill the niche of hardcore pve mmog

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cmdrk posted:

yet everyone uses the original EQ Atlas maps made by ONE SPOONY BARD. whats the difference

Someone had to make those, we didn't have poo poo in 1999.

IMO make poo poo as hard as possible.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Freakazoid_ posted:

"It's not enough to succeed, others must fail" except in a video game.

exactly this

everquest was great because it was a solid fun game, and a good percentage of people who played never got to see a good chunk of the content despite wanting to because they couldn't get organized to do it... so if you did it actually felt pretty rewarding. Not just endgame content either, like tons of people never even made it halfway to 60.

equality of outcome is not a good thing

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I mean, looks decent enough, I'd play it. Not sure what people are on about this being star citizen everquest, that poo poo is just off the chain obvious scam and horrible broken code.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ehud posted:

here is an important hype video made by community members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBv34yHx58c

:yikes:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CoffeeBooze posted:

People are still willing to fund an MMO's development with the expectation that they will get their money back plus some profit?

Well it clearly worked so well for <NULL EXCEPTION ITEM NOT FOUND>

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao they couldn't even find a vendor with an actual interesting or good coffee mug

I am so glad I procrastinated on preordering or whatever this loving garbage idiot dumpster fire

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Percelus posted:

at least the star citizen and shroud idiots have had something play, idk how anyone could stay engaged for years to a project that hasn't even released a buggy tech demo for the diehards yet

They can just roll another toon on p99 and sort of squint their eyes and pretend it’s a new game.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Node posted:

This is my philosophy. Everyone give me your credit card information, I will ensure any purchases made will be done towards a worthy cause.

(Don't actually do this)

4206 9696 9696 6969

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pathos posted:

Yeah this honestly took me by loving surprise. I had kinda sorta vaguely been thinking there was a 1-2% chance Pantheon would at least come out in SOME form. This absolutely seals the deal on that.

I am leaning towards this actually increasing the chances the game will come out by a few percentage points.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheAgent posted:

I'm hearing suicide might not be off the table re: intentional overdose

gently caress dude.

Another notable EQ/vanguard dev committed suicide over the weekend Matt Mcdonald. I wonder of there’s any connection there.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Nothing about this gameplay looks interesting, new, or fun.

looks good to me

p99 with better graphics and poo poo, even has some of the same sound effects

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Relayer posted:

Is having nerds' faces overlayed on footage of a game considered good? Like, can't they just talk over the video of the game they're playing? Why do I have to see their big fat nerd faces? I'm not *super* mad about it, but I'm pretty mad.

ya I don't get it either but whenever I stream without my webcam on people are like turn on your webcam coward and whatever

why they want to see my stupid face I'll never understand

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sachant posted:

what even is their target audience?

Basically p99 poopsocks and casuals and given there’s 0 competition as long as it isn’t a completely broken steaming pile of poo poo I think it’ll do ok.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Relayer posted:

From what I remember of brad's inital pitch a central mechanic was supposed to be emergent social interaction, and corpse runs are a huge part of that.

Just punish the poo poo out of my balls, you pussies. Seriously.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If they can get by with 2k or so playerbase for a couple years after release while they polish things and add content and market the game I think it’ll do fine.

At least they have the advantage of being the only remotely hardcore style game even trying to exist.

In any case I’m resigned to playing p99 for at least another few years until this releases which isn’t at all bad.