Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

clone on the phone posted:

Camelot Unchained is doing a 'design your own spells' system. Buy-in beta starts in 3 months or so.

I'm interested in Camelot Unchained. Will wait until official final launch though before considering it. There are a lot of things about Pantheon that I like, but the forced grouping and environment/weather sounds like really bad ideas to me. And I say this as someone who played Everquest 1 & 2, and Vanguard back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I miss Vanguard. There's no private servers that actually work and are close to Live, right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Draynar posted:

This game looks interesting, is it really doom and gloom as some people are talking? I miss having Crowd Control classes or crowd control at all in dungeons.

The thing for me is that Brad McQuid has launched a few failed MMO's, and Pantheon originally failed to be crowd funded like two times before it turned into what it is right now. I'm very cautious about this game and will wait until it's on Steam. It absolutely cannot have a monthly fee. I won't give it a look if it does. Ideally it's just pay $60 and you get to play the game without any restrictions.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

Confirmed with a dude at PAX that they’re demoing a new zone called Black Rose Keep.

Hoping for lots of new footage from PAX. I think its been awhile since new gameplay has been released?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't think there's really been anything super complete on the races and genders just yet. I've only ever seen gameplay footage of humans. Pantheon likely still has a few years left before it's even in beta, so it's going to be a long time before we hear much on this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Do you have in-game screenshots of the gnomes? I'm really interested in seeing those.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay, those are pretty badass looking.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pantheon will eventually change course and go to how Everquest is now where you can solo all content and hire a mercenary to fight with you. Pantheon's design decisions won't work in the year 2018 because everyone who liked that sort of gameplay was a kid or young adult in college and had the time to do the crazy poo poo that classic Everquest required of them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lets be real, this game is going to shut down in similar style to Vanguard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

Gameplay stream is live:

https://www.twitch.tv/Lassiz

Watching the replay. The artist style reminds me a ton of Vanguard, and it appears to play very similar to Vanguard and Everquest. I like what I am seeing, I just have zero faith this game will last.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does each race get their own starting zone and capital city?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The question is if the momentum can keep going. Pantheon is still a couple years away.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

Listen if you don’t understand that Pantheon is leading the classic MMO revolution then I don’t know what to tell you.

I believe you, it's just that this idea sucks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

deathbagel posted:

I have been sitting here trying to think of what all MMO's I've played. I think I have a problem...

EQ
EQ2
WoW
AC
AC2
Anarchy Online
DAoC
Vanguard
Earth and Beyond
Eve Online
FFXI
FFXV
Champions: Online
City of Heroes
Shadowbane
Lineage II
RIFT
Star Wars Galaxies
Star Wars: TOR
Age of Conan
Darkfall
Guild Wars 2

And I know there are more that I'm missing.

MMO's that i've put actual serious time into:
Ultima Online
Everquest
Everquest 2
Anarchy Online
Asherons Call
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIV
Champions Online
Lineage II
Rift
Star Wars Galaxies
Star Wars the Old Republic
Age of Conan
Guild Wars
Guild Wars 2
Lord of the Rings Online
World of Warcraft
Neverwinter
Black Desert
Tree of Savior
Ragnarok Online
Maplestory
Archeage
Elder Scrolls Online
Star Trek Online
Eve Online
The Secret World
Wildstar
TERA
Aion
Lineage 2
Warhammer Online

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

milkman dad posted:

No dungeons and dragons online? Did you have a favorite?

I started with UO and it was amazing at the time. I think EverQuest was even better though. I had to sell my account in high school because I realized if I didn't I was going to have a serious problem getting into college. Grades skyrocketed after quitting!

Star Wars the Old Republic is my favorite MMO. That said, all of these games are bad because they are MMOs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

clean ayers act posted:

What, no one has experienced the magic that was The Matrix Online or Auto Assault?

I forgot I did play the Matrix Online, but not for very long. Maybe a weekend or so? The game was terrible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really don't want this game to suck but my heart still tells me it will. Is there anything yet about an open beta though?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

joshtothemaxx posted:

Blizzard also has a bazillion employees, so its easier to do something like this. How many people are actually working on Pantheon?

Not many people on the pay roll. The last I saw anything about hiring, Visionary Realms was asking people to volunteer their time to the game and work for free.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ad by Khad posted:

I don't agree. Eve Online for years has hired people based on their reddit posts. Ocean Quigley got to be the head of an entire Simcity project because he was some random artist that had been with the company forever. Lots of developers who worked on that abysmal tire fire Wildstar were rewarded by being picked up by Blizzard.

Even on topic in this very thread, Pantheon is taking volunteers. You could experience a rewarding career change right now.

This is funny because Wildstar was started by ex-Blizzard employees.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

I want a game with unique classes, slower combat that is still interesting, content that I can complete within chunks of 3-4 hours at a time, unique equipment and skills and spell that feels special to obtain.

Also a game that is actually released that I get to play without paying $1000 USD for early access

All of the MMORPGs like this are bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vanguard at least released. :v: I think it would still be going too if it didn't operate under Daybreak Games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does anyone play on the Vanguard private server? Was wondering how progress is coming along on there?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dark Off posted:

just stumbled on this while searching for something unrelated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz_29h3_Npw&t=2383s
dreams :allears:

All of this is pretty badass looking and if this makes it into the game then I am really excited once it launches.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't crowdfund MMORPGs, Don't crowdfund MMORPGs, Don't crowdfund MMORPGs, Don't crowdfund MMORPGs, Don't crowdfund MMORPGs, Don't crowdfund MMORPGs, Don't crowdfund MMORPGs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

It’s Everquest 1.5

This is a good thing though. Not $800 good thing though, but enough to make me thirsty for release on Steam and pay the sub until the game goes free to play and then shuts down.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

clone on the phone posted:

lol at this having a sub fee

hosed up but to best of my knowledge true.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

someone should make an mmo that's locked in first person.

Meridian 59

Anyways, none of this matters as Pantheon is still like 4 years away at best.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I guarantee Pantheon at some point will be rebalanced to be solo friendly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really like how Rift handles open world group content, in that you are just thrown into a random 20 person raid group and kill mobs. I want an MMO that is focused entirely on that. Make grouping super easy to do if you are going to require it to make any progress.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Remit posted:

1 hour 22 minutes in they indicate that Alpha will not be happening by end of the year

Christ, how tiny is this team?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

joshtothemaxx posted:

I played the gently caress outta Rift in its first six months, left, then tried to reinstall a year ago. Their dumbass client wouldn’t log me in no matter what, so yeah uh Pantheon don’t do whatever the Rift devs did to prevent me from spending money on an MMO.

If you can't get pass a simple login then the problem is probably you and it doesn't matter what Pantheon does.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The real test of Pantheons success will be if it has a single zone that everyone gathers in to trade.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Frog Act posted:

I will make a cleric and play this game with goons if it comes out

I'm making a tank and want to play with goons if this game comes out. Gigantic if because I still mostly lean towards Pantheon being canceled in the next year or so.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

World of Warcraft Arena PvP is seriously competitive. I don't know how big it is in eSports though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Someone never heard of the M+ invitational, baby

hosed up but this is actually a thing https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20873067/the-mythic-dungeon-invitational-is-coming

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Deki posted:

I mean Enigma, the guild that was ridiculously far ahead of literally everyone else in Wildstar was only a top 100 US guild at their peak in WoW iirc. Dunno where you'd get the idea that Wildstar Pugs would do any better.

That's the point. He isn't the one saying Wildstar players would be world first in WoW, they are.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's a good idea to 1.) not get involved into crowd funding, 2.) ignore the game until launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I under no circumstances would want to work at a company where you're not sure if you'll have a job the next day.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

frajaq posted:

jeez guys its still pre alpha i'm sure the devs will show us something jaw-dropping next year!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, its been pre-alpha for a few years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Frog Act posted:

some madman on reddit organized every screenshot he could find of Pantheon from the entire development cycle into one big imgur gallery :psyduck: don't open it on your phone I think there's over a thousand images in here

https://imgur.com/a/izvISdX

This person is indeed crazy, but I super appreciate this level of work anyways.