Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

There's only one emulator project - https://www.vgoemulator.net/. You can download the game client from them here and the launcher from here. Quite a few areas are pretty fleshed out, things like quests are fully there. Crafting is about to about enabled too.

If you want to play around and explore the world just target yourself and do a .speed 1500 and .rift zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

NLJP posted:

my entire career from like level 3 in Tri Lith.

Holy poo poo Tri Lith. I think I was there when it was first created. Think someone just asked in /OOC for extra people, since you needed X amount gathered for a GM to create a guild and being a newbie I was like sure okay.

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

Node posted:

I guess the most information you have on it is the folks that data mined Vanguard and stored it for later use on the Vanguard emulation project, but that isn't on the internet yet.

The Vanguard emulator group were clever enough to backup a bunch of Vanguard websites and forums before they went offline. https://vgoemulator.net/index.php On the left side under Vanguard Resources.

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

Man the Vanguard nostalgia is kicking back in again, so I did the once every other year lol at the emulator project and seen 5 people were logged in and the forums have been dead silent since 2022

People have moved from forums to Discord. There are code and content updates several times a week so it's coming along.