Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ultimately, climbing a mountain as a gameplay conceit makes the people you meet along the way very different. Rather than being helpless victims or at best failed versions of your quest to save the land, they can just legitimately be going their own way, like our #photographer #wreckageenthusiast buddy here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Part Of Madeline leaning out of the portrait box is a fun touch.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I was expecting Oshiro's skeleton to be in the bed of the presidential suite. I suppose I should be a little relieved.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Madeline's courageous reflection is a neat touch. Odd that she doesn't look any different.

Or maybe not. Authentic Woman needs no costume, because she is true to herself.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Why is Badeline worried about climbing a mountain? She can fly!

Or is she just standing on top of a heap of nothing, afraid to look down?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's nice how at the end of the summit there's something that approaches a legitimate climbing challenge. Verticality has previously been more a question of landing safely, so it's a welcome change of pace to revisit the climbing mechanics they introduced back in the first level.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Just the B-Side tracks are pretty neat, but I really like how meditative the conclusion of the Heart of the Mountain is. ...and the start of it too, to be honest. That was an interesting recap of the time between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Many thanks for all of this. That was some drat impressive work.

• Locked thread