Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

dotchan posted:

Imagine for a moment that Otani was a woman. Would you end your assessment of her issues "a classic female entitlement narrative" and what else would you say about the story?

No, cause "female entitlement narrative" is not a classic trope. I know you're caught up in your own self loathing, and want to defend yourself and a character you identify with here, but this is not something where the text is on your side. Oshiro's need for validation and his own inability to take no for an answer is absolutely the cause of all his problems, and let's note that it is specifically a woman who cleans up his mess, and then faces his ire. I think he's a very well written, very human character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

dotchan posted:

But eh, whatever, I'm just an anonymous internet person who's projecting her own need for validation and inability on a fictional character and got tweaked that someone badmouthed my husbando.

Your analysis is good not awful, particularly with regard to Celeste's own fuckups here, but like get the gently caress over yourself.

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 4, 2018

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Y'all're forgetting the most important thing here, which is that Celeste is the mountain. Madeline is the woman. :toughguy:

:eng99: yep. Whoops.

• Locked thread