Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iny
Jan 11, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

I mean, Mount Celeste is only 2041 meters high with a prominence of 589 meters. I'm reasonably sure that would be doable for an average person. That pesky mountain magic complicates things.

Given that the mountain is called out by characters in-game as being dangerous -- but generally doable -- for an amateur mountain climber, and given the presence of characters' occasional reactions to the mountain climbing sequences as if they were dangerous but not otherwise especially strange (the parts that involve overt supernatural elements consistently are, but not the platforming), I like to believe that this is just what mountain climbing entails in this universe.

In Madeline's version of reality, Sherpa guides on Mount Everest are expected to be able to run directly up sheer vertical surfaces for at least ten stories at a time, fling themselves horizontally over fifty meters from a standing start and then land on safe spots the size of a dinner plate, and reliably perform hyperextended-walljumps off of falling rocks no larger than your fist, all while carrying another person on their back. Mortality rates are pretty high, but on the bright side they get to keep all the fruit they collect on their way up, and collectible mountain fruit is remarkably delicious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread