Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Those "strawberry seeds" are giving me Demon's Crest flashbacks. Their sprite looks very similar to the titular Crests that give Firebrand his powers, especially the Earth Crest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I played with an XBox 360 controller, and had a similar "accidentally did diagonal jumps" issue even though I was using the D-pad. I think the game just requires you to do rapid and precise inputs and it's easy to accidentally tag the up/down directions while pressing left or right if you're trying to change directions rapidly. I'm absolutely not convinced that the game is failing to read input correctly.
The X360 D-Pad is also the worst D-Pad I've ever used in nearly 30 years of gaming, so it could just be that.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

In the conversation with Theo at the beginning of the last video, when he says, "Oh, I know what it's like to have a soul-crushing job," she responds with, "No, work is okay." Theo, without previous conversational cues, assumes that she is a working adult, which implies that in-universe, she looks old enough to be one. And she doesn't correct him with "No, I'm still in school," or something like that, which implies that his assumption was correct.

Early to mid twenties seems reasonable to me.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Explosions posted:

The ruuuuuughblughblughblugh sound is so good always.
You mean from those Thwomp-esque things?

• Locked thread