Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I wrote a thing. I don’t actually plan to publish it, but I also don’t think it needs its own thread. I don’t write fiction often, because I am not very good at it. This is the first fiction I’ve written in twenty years. It’s not very original, and it’s probably pretty mediocre, but it’s a nice story about a nice person doing nice things, and I wanted it to be read by someone other than myself.

Literary trigger warnings: I address the reader directly, there may be a few places where I don’t keep tense perfectly, and I use the very old trick of obscuring names with blank spaces, a la “Mssr. M___ sat uncomfortably on the cold wooden bench as the constable examined his papers.”

Edit: Oh, yeah. It’s only about 1,500 words. It’s short.

Edit: Link removed. If no one has commented in two weeks, they’re probably not going to start, now, and I don’t want it just sort of hanging around out there.

Veni Vidi Ameche! fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread