Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I ended up skipping 4 as a kid for whatever reason, so THUG was the game I played after 3, and it really felt like a more natural evolution than 4 did. There's some dumb stuff in the game, but I did enjoy the story mode as a kid, even if I never bothered playing it on harder modes.

Kind of fell off of the series after that though, and I don't really remember why. American Wasteland is the only one after this I played (not counting the travesty that was HD), and I can't really remember it at all. I've already decided that once I buy a PS4, my first game is going to be THPS5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Last I heard of Mike V, he was trying to make wearing a helmet more acceptable, so I guess he's grown into a more positive guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw0BAwqAEPM

I forget how many times your guy is forced to bail out their rear end in a top hat friend, but we're already past the point where he's a believable friend. If anything Eric should have been Bart.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

We'll Chad Muska has been in every game of the series, so the player would probably know him. I figured Peralta was someone, but didn't think too hard about it since he isn't a playable character.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Radio Free Kobold posted:

I really hope we don't do any more favours for Eric after this. gently caress that guy so much.

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll turn over a new leaf after how much trouble he's caused for Bart.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Man, that Nollie/Pressure flip mission was dire. Worst of all, I don't think I ever used Nollies or Pressure Flips (which.. didn't seem to involve a flip?) the entire time I played the game. I don't remember them actually doing anything other than giving you a single different move to start the combo with.

I'm totally getting that book, by the way. I played the hell out of these games as a kid, so finding out more about them is a nice way to recapture that.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I remember most of this and man, I don't know if this game has aged that well. It has all the good gameplay but these missions just feel underwhelming when you have so much time to do them.

Also I have always assumed Eric pasted his head on Bort's body in that video. The helicopter seems like it would be way too big to not include, and he does have the power of being in a video game that makes a mockery of physics already, so why not give him magical editing powers.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah it's funny, it's simultaneously the most forgettable in the series, while being mechanically probably the best. Like, after this point, the series just adds fluff and the stories get dumber. I will admit to liking the many, many levels in the next game, mechanically it's just not as good.

I'd say this is still more memorable than something like 4 or American Wasteland (a game I have absolutely no memory of), it's just that the signs of the developers running out of juice is starting to show. By the time THUG 2 came out I wasn't really with it anymore and didn't understand why Hawk vs Bam was a thing, since all I did was play the games and thus had no reason at all to care about Bam.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

This thread inspired me to try skateboarding again after I bought one half a year ago. I'll get that ollie right one of these days, darn it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

It's hilarious how all the vehicle sections look like some dumb mod you'd see on Youtube. I really have to wonder who in the higher ups thought this was a good idea.

Also I don't know why you're so suspicious about Eric, he and Bart are totally still friends.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I'm reminded of the time I played the DS version of Proving Ground and the Sick score for normal levels was like, 1.5 million, and you had to get it in 2 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

This game is missing the most important part about Kiss: Their transformation sequence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMzHvJxyiUg

I remember playing this level a lot as a kid for some reason. I think I just liked doing the big jump on the dune buggy, since it was the least awkward vehicle section in the game.

• Locked thread