Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

However, this IS the game that introduced me to “deez nuts”.

I only just remembered that that was even in the game. I didn't know the meme was that old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Stacy Peralta doesn't get a whole lot of explanation in the game, and you're just kind of expected to know who he is. He's actually one of the most influential skaters in history, being one of the Z-Boys immortalized in the Lords of Dogtown film. As a young man in the 1970s, Peralta helped codify modern skateboarding by taking the sport from simple street surfing into aerial and lip tricks in empty pools.

Peralta's the old guard, literally, and has generally retired from skating as he's gotten older to become a director instead.

THUG has a problem where it assumes that its player base has a certain degree of knowledge about skateboarding. I, and all the rest of my friends who played Tony Hawk, did not have that knowledge. Sometimes, you can figure out things based on the context, but with Peralta, there is nothing to really indicate who he is other than "some important guy"

• Locked thread