Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
We've all probably known an Eric Sparrow in our lives. Hearing smug Ben Diskin years later is something else, I gotta say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The sort of thing that makes it difficult to play THUG2 is that there's a lot of things that plain don't have anything to do with skateboarding. THUG already has a few things like that (vehicles come to mind), but there's still enough things to do where you don't have to get off your board and mainly just play the game.

As for the humor, I think that as childish as some of the things are here, THUG2 goes way into it and becomes painfully unfunny at times. Writers that are good could do it well or at least decently, but either they didn't have the chops or didn't have the time to make it funny so it constantly gets in the way and makes you want to skip cutscenes to go back to the game. If you already hate being interrupted by cutscenes in these games, it certainly wouldn't make them want to watch it, either.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
It's weird. I watched a speedrun for this game like two months ago and they just could not do the Hawaii challenge in one go. It took them like 4 tries and here you are doing it in one. They constantly said it was because it kept making you not go straight and mess you up like that, but there's not even any requirements to spin so I don't know what his problem was.

• Locked thread