Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I've had this thread bookmarked for forever because I always intended to finish this season. The last six episodes have been sitting on my DVR, and it took me until yesterday to get up the desire to watch them. What a disappointment compared to the first season. Japanese folklore is an absolute treasure trove of story possibilities and they just completely wasted it. That and the setting of the internment camps. I was eager, truly, to be able to consume media covering this shameful period of American history but it just felt like more of a backdrop than a focus of the story. The show felt aimless most of the time, with weird time jumps (they never again mentioned wtf happened to Chester after the Jeep accident when Yuko touched him), and weird character motivations. Also they spent idk how many episodes running away from Yuko just to resolve the entire season's conflict by...talking it out??? Chester kind of sucks and his dialogue was terrible most of the time.

Also the show was just such a loving downer the entire time, I don't think I could say I really enjoyed watching it at all. I need to go rewatch the first season as a palate cleanser.

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I'm still mad about this show.

Why is Chester sending letters to internment camps looking for his lost twin, when he's an AWOL soldier living in hiding?

Why did it take until the last 15min of the final episode for Henry to reveal he had a (almost) surefire way of containing Yuko? He had just spent 2 episodes sulking and giving Chester poo poo about his strategy when he had that in his back pocket the whole time?

Why would Mexican magic work on a Japanese ghost?

Why does Yuko seem to forget she had another kid until it was also revealed to the audience?

Whyyyyyyyyyy