Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
That's a pretty painting, but my eyes go straight for and stay on those chillin' puffins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007
It was beautifully grim, but I also found it laughable. At their most desperate moments, they're still doing the same stupid honkey-rear end dumbshit that's been getting them killed since the pilot.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The creepiest thing on the show so far was the mask the shaman wore when he appeared to the dying sailor. For a second I thought that it was his face.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Thaaat's terror.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

Funnily enough, that's what Tuunbaq has the Terror's crew down as too.

I see which side of the Incel Rebellion Tuunbaq naturally is on.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Season 2 is going to reveal that Blanky didn't die as he emerges out of the Tuunbaq's anus.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Cokey Collins really cut it loose there towards the end of his life. Good for him!

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Octy posted:

Episode 10: Was there meant to be any significance behind the officer who had pierced his face with his chains or was it just simply to highlight how mad they had all gone? I know I'm probably overthinking it, but that scene really stuck out to me in the otherwise very depressing montage.

In episode seven, Graham and Crozier are talking. Graham says, "If we make it out of this, the men deserve medals in gold." Crozier replies, "If we make it out of this, the men deserve every gold thing there is."

Graham really liked gold.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
You're right. I have whiteface blindness and whitename amnesia, and I'm not proud of that.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Wasn't even aware there was a "punished as a boy" smilie.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Crozier making the case against Hickey was also an outstanding moment from Jared Harris.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

bitchymcjones posted:

Goodsir: good until the last bite.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
If you realized that Milo was making a joke, please take one step forward

Edit: not so fast, hassle bad

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I know it'll be difficult, but if you know you're going to die of starvation or freezing, try to leave either a mysterious or humorous skeleton.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
He was trouble the moment he started trying to undermine the ship's dog in the pilot.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Should've had a carnivale.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So what was up with the jewelry/piercings on the dude (lieutenant?) who was dying at the end? I feel like I missed a scene or something.

That dude got way artistic with his body modification.

It was foreshadowed in an earlier scene between Lt. Goldmember and Captain Crozier, where they were joking about how the men deserved gold medals and every gold thing there is if they made it back home. Towards the end the lieutenant took that very seriously.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
British men hoard metals in their bodies towards the end of their lives. Blankly liked silverware, Lt. Little liked gold.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
:hmmyes: So true, so true.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Tuunbaq has a creative side, but his art fails to impress Lady Silence, the object of his affection.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
gently caress. Now I'm feeling bad for the Tuunbaq....

Out of pity I will let him eat my soul.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Phi230 posted:

Yeah and having an actual literal monster would undermine that message

It doesn't take much for humans to out-monster a monster, though. It's like how Tuunbaq is more likeable than Mr. Hickey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The Franklin Expedition made an extraordinarily good setting for all kinds of fantastic horror like cannibalism and the supernatural. I don't normally go for horror, but The Terror Season 1's setting hooked me right away. I did not get very far at all into Season 2