Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Shitenshi posted:

RIP Sir John.

Also that guy who was being given the Christian temptation lecture by the Bible-thumper, I missed the whole deal with that. Was he having a gay relationship with someone else and got found out?

Yeah I think I missed something here as well.

Crazy poo poo though, was not expecting that to happen so early on in the season, was hoping for more tension and conflict between the two captains.

And did all the men in the tent die? They glossed over that whole bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I wasn't too sure how heavy they were going to go with the supernatural elements and if it was just going to be a bear attacking them or some sort of monster.

By episode 3 it's clearly not just a bear, shouldn't need to spoiler that...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Episodes 6, 7 and 8 are out. Looks like 9 and 10 are as well.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Quixotic1 posted:

It makes me think AMC picked it up in spite of it, like they thought the voyage was made up for the story. Would have been just as cool if the creature was just the result of lead poisoning and cabin fever

That would've been really cool. I think the lead poisoning angle was a little wonky, some people seemed completely fine, others just completely lose it early on. Maybe that's how it works though?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

jfood posted:

it's been a few days and I'm still somewhat disconcerted by the 'dinner scenes' in ep10

dunno if it was the desolation or the polite table manners and properly aligned cutlery, but those scenes have given me a case of the willies for four days straight.

Yeah it had that effect on me as well.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

give me the conquistadors searching the jungles for gold

That would be great. Really I just hope we get anything similar to this though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Phi230 posted:

It's a good thing the show is done after this season and that these dumb goon anthology ideas aren't coming to pass

Its adapting a book, not a pulp magazine, any future anthology would be poo poo, like game of thrones after they stopped adapting the books

poo poo yeah you're right, there probably aren't any other books or real life stories they could use.