Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I started reading the book and right away they establish Julius Caesar as like this incompetent rear end in a top hat, while in the show he's just kind of...normal I guess? I mean so far he's only made that one mistake of not following Anderson Dawes's advice to abandon the Erebus.

The book so far is fantastic, except for the weird sex stuff and the offputting racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The AMC stream loving sucks. They like sped up the FPS to 48 and brightened everything in post. It looks like a soap opera.

Stick to Amazon's version

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I have decided that the monster attacking the ship is a Wampa

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Tuunbaq says get off the ice

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
In the book they deal with Tuunbaq in a very...British way. No lovecraftian losing your mind and babbling like a loonie. No gothic "hair turns white and you go mad."

Evil spirit bear? Well by God you Hold Fast with a stiff upper lip.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

bloom posted:

What was up with giving ships super ominous names? Just saying that if they were on HMS Gay Viking none of this poo poo would have happened.

They were both warships, specifically bomb ships, before being refitted to exploration

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
How do you people not understand that's it not a god drat bear still

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

JustinMorgan posted:

Why did they bury some of the dead and stow others below deck?

The ice is too thick now for burial at sea

Land is 25 miles away

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah, they are drifting with the pack and have changed positions. So land may now be too far away, or temperatures too inhospitable to facilitate a burial party. Crozier had to cancel even the outside ceremony it was so cold!

They made a point that the drifting pack ice has been in a circle and they pretty much haven't moved

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The supernatural is the best part you loser

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's a good thing the show is done after this season and that these dumb goon anthology ideas aren't coming to pass

Its adapting a book, not a pulp magazine, any future anthology would be poo poo, like game of thrones after they stopped adapting the books

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I hope there's no monster this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It's us: we're the monsters... :smith:

Yeah and having an actual literal monster would undermine that message