Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Two episodes in, show seems good

Can't wait for the CHAOS to start reigning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Well, it appears to be a bear. Just a very angry, agile bear with a clear mission to kill people. Possibly fueled by demonic angst. They also shot it with a cannon and it survived

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

He will return

as GHOST SIR JOHN

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

I bet there was a lot of sodomy in the navy

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

To kill any dangerous 'savages' and animals and to ensure that the 100+ dudes on these ships behaved properly once things got rough

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

So I finished the show. It was really good but really weird in how it mixed exploration, the dread of isolation and cold, betrayal from within and a Bear God Monster

One thing I think went over my head was at the very end when Crozier is finding the last remnants of his crew dead and there's a guy with gold chains strapped to his face and beard who says "Close" before dying. What was that all about?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

I liked the ending shot of Crozier chilling on the ice next to a kid. Had he finally found peace :shobon:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

They could also just make entirely fictional stories

The arctic/snowy nomansland is so good for horror

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Tuunbaq looked appropriately hosed up I thought. It looked like a really twisted and weird polar bear with a hosed up face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Hasselblad posted:

No need to spoil it. He died and was buried. I would have expected Goodsir to drug the meat, but he likely didn't have anything left. And what would be the point?

I honestly do not understand why Hickey's men would risk their lives just to get the captain. Beyond needless additional drama.
I can understand Hickey doing it because he's a monumental dick, but why would the men do it?

Gotta do somethin'