Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Ahh that explains it.. I think I was in the next tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The Purge CSS edition begins now.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Maxy Boy posted:

They give you a lot of shards for one particular character and yeah, they're hard to come by.

if you were in the discord you'd know and you'd laugh at the poor goons who get 50 ronan shards or something

You can laugh at me, too - I got 50 Jessica Jones

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Started playing this about a week ago and having fun with it - a lucky pull saw to it I got Gamora and she's pretty good.

If anybody needs a 35+ recruit, I'd be happy to fill the slot, as much as it would pain me to leave Strike Force Random Number String.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Guys make sure you play the Thanos raid to get Thanos shards. Oh wait, you're not part of the 30 guilds that MIGHT be able to complete it this time around? Oh, well then, gently caress you.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Don’t forget only the top two actually get an orb

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Started playing this about a week ago and having fun with it - a lucky pull saw to it I got Gamora and she's pretty good.

If anybody needs a 35+ recruit, I'd be happy to fill the slot, as much as it would pain me to leave Strike Force Random Number String.

Join discord and join up. There’s somebody who can take you on. I would but we are full and holyshit is lvl 40 and leeching the raids hard. He is a cool dude.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Gamora is loving awesome, she's been my primary damage dealer since forever and her shards are farmable.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008

Timotheous Venture posted:

I got 50 Elektra. I mean, I've heard she's good, but I would have loved to get Nobu or Black Widow or something.

Game rules though, as someone who will not spend any cash on it I always feel like I'm making gradual progress.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Maxy Boy posted:

Game rules though, as someone who will not spend any cash on it I always feel like I'm making gradual progress.
Yeah it's a slow trickle but it's there. I think this is the most noticeable in the challenges where you keep trying every few days and do a little better each time until you finally 3 star it.

I'd complain about the Thanos rewards too but they gave me 100 Black Widow shards in my mega orb :toot:

Still not gonna spend any money until they get some decent deals though.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Shouldn't hate on JJ. With Ant Man 2 turn ability block coming, she can remove that debuff from a team member while handing out potentional energy like candy AND remove buffs from enemy via her jump skill

She absolutely has value as the meta looks to shift due up Ant Man. She will be X Bones best friend again Ant Man as she'll keep him humming along. Toss in Pin(or merc lieutenant) + Winter Solider + Drax/Riot Guard and you got a drat fine Blitz team

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Out of curiosity, how do you guys run the campaigns? Try and split your resources and keep a level appropriate heroes and villains team or just run one and focus on the other later?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
The ant man campaign I just look at as getting purple gear and a 2-3 star Ant-Man as a bonus. It's two weeks of free advanced phosphates basically. Make sure to hit advanced phosphates every day.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dawgstar posted:

Out of curiosity, how do you guys run the campaigns? Try and split your resources and keep a level appropriate heroes and villains team or just run one and focus on the other later?

I focused on an A-Team so I could do well on Arena/Blitz. This happened to include two villians, Crossbones and Yondo, who were able to carry my villain team pretty far. I just accepted the fact that campaign progress will be slow/imbalanced though. I completely the heroes campaign a long time ago and just recently started finishing up the villains.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

I have a severe resource splitting problem, but if I had to start over I would focus on one main team until I managed to farm a few key god tier characters and just pour everything into them. Campaigns generally work themselves out.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

I got 50 Crossbones and he's max stars

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

sakeyake posted:

I have a severe resource splitting problem, but if I had to start over I would focus on one main team until I managed to farm a few key god tier characters and just pour everything into them. Campaigns generally work themselves out.

This is exactly what I did. Focus on pushing your A-team as high as they can go and eventually you'll be able to build better teams from those guys. My arena team skewed Hero so it too me a while to catch up in the Villain campaign but I wouldn't stress over it. Especially if you already have access to nodes that will let you grind shards for your arena team.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

explosivo posted:

This is exactly what I did. Focus on pushing your A-team as high as they can go and eventually you'll be able to build better teams from those guys. My arena team skewed Hero so it too me a while to catch up in the Villain campaign but I wouldn't stress over it. Especially if you already have access to nodes that will let you grind shards for your arena team.

work on mercs as your B-Team with extra energy - they're necessary for the gold robbery, that will help you fill out your villains. Mystic/Cosmic will take some doing later and aren't necessary for progression.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

sakeyake posted:

Yeah, I do wish I'd followed this advice looking back on it. Now that I've got just what all adds to a character's power rating I can even have fun in Arena and Blitz.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My game is freezing at 42% when loading. I tried reinstalling but whatever the issue is, it must be server side. I submitted a ticket, but who knows when they'll get back to me.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The last time that happened to me, restarting my phone fixed it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Away all Goats posted:

The last time that happened to me, restarting my phone fixed it.

I tried this before and after reinstalling, so I have no idea.

I found a post on reddit that has some solutions.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

How long are you letting it sit at 42% before you give up? I know its less than ideal, but if you leave it for a few minutes and make sure the screen stays on it will usually finish up whatever the gently caress its doing.

That said.. I'm kinda losing some of my "give a poo poo". I'm getting to the point where I'm sick of the grind. I feel like I'm jumping through the same hoops every day and not really getting anywhere. Yeah, Ant-Man and Wasp have a neat gimmick. So did Deadpool and Cable, and they're not on my A-team either. My team has been what it has been and that's not changing any time soon. So what's the point? The way the game is built its so loving expensive to get someone up to speed that if he isn't going to shake up the current meta in some explosive way it doesn't even matter.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

New Leaf posted:

How long are you letting it sit at 42% before you give up? I know its less than ideal, but if you leave it for a few minutes and make sure the screen stays on it will usually finish up whatever the gently caress its doing.

That said.. I'm kinda losing some of my "give a poo poo". I'm getting to the point where I'm sick of the grind. I feel like I'm jumping through the same hoops every day and not really getting anywhere. Yeah, Ant-Man and Wasp have a neat gimmick. So did Deadpool and Cable, and they're not on my A-team either. My team has been what it has been and that's not changing any time soon. So what's the point? The way the game is built its so loving expensive to get someone up to speed that if he isn't going to shake up the current meta in some explosive way it doesn't even matter.

Yeah I have found that leaving at the 42% for a bit will most of the time make it go through.

Also I 100% agree with your second part. I know all of these games end up being the same in the end but uh I’m really starting to lose my interest.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

New Leaf posted:

I almost quit last night, but then saw some datamining on reddit that promised some neat stuff happening in the next couple of weeks. I figured I can wait a few more days before I quit, just in case.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Looks like this post is timely. I've missed a few days of Strike Force and with it all desire to keep playing this game. You can go ahead and drop me from Great Lakes Goon Squad, I'm in as borneo_man.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

My game is freezing at 42% when loading. I tried reinstalling but whatever the issue is, it must be server side. I submitted a ticket, but who knows when they'll get back to me.

I've mentioned this before as a possible solution since it's what first prevented me from playing the game, but 42% seems to be a bottleneck for a myriad of reasons. That being said just make sure your Google Play Games app is updated, because anytime I get hung at 42% I check and there's a Play Games update and that fixes it for me.

The Diddler posted:

I almost quit last night, but then saw some datamining on reddit that promised some neat stuff happening in the next couple of weeks. I figured I can wait a few more days before I quit, just in case.
I just don't understand how long this pricing can last, and how many whales are actually interested in this game. Like if I was some rich nerd who just spent his money on video games, aren't there much much better ones on PC and console? Or do these people also need to sit on the toilet most of their day while they game? How is it you can buy AAA games for the same price as a 3* character in Strike Force?

davebo fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 2, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've left it sitting at 42% for nearly an hour, or 10% when I tried the method of turning your phone to airplane mode while it was loading. And google play games is fully updated.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Diddler posted:

Yeah I'm still using it as a time-waster and participating in Raids for the good of the guild, but not a lot more than that. We'll see what the update brings, and if I do leave I'll make sure to let the guild know.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

davebo posted:

I just don't understand how long this pricing can last, and how many whales are actually interested in this game. Like if I was some rich nerd who just spent his money on video games, aren't there much much better ones on PC and console? Or do these people also need to sit on the toilet most of their day while they game? How is it you can buy AAA games for the same price as a 3* character in Strike Force?

A lot of rich business people spend shitloads on free to play games to show off their status. They don’t have the time to play real games but they have tons of money to play barely phone games.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

They've said they're probably going to fix raids to not require 100% 24/24 participation but until then could I just say

:siren: Always start at the beginning of a raid path :siren:

It does the guild no good for you to skip down and clear a later node without clearing the first couple. The goal of a raid is not to beat the boss, the goal is to beat every single node.

If you don't think you can clear many nodes it it still better for you to do the first few of a path, ideally up to an intersection, than it is for you to do a later node. 2 early nodes is always better than one late node.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

davebo posted:

Heck, I'd rather drop more money on other Marvel mobile games. (And have, looking at Future Fight, in that I spent money at all.)

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know

twistedmentat posted:

I've left it sitting at 42% for nearly an hour, or 10% when I tried the method of turning your phone to airplane mode while it was loading. And google play games is fully updated.

Same here. Guess I shouldn't expect more from a game where Hulk kills a guy, then gingerly moves nothing to his hand and throws it at the screen.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

New Leaf posted:

Deadpool is solid A-Team material. Too bad he'll be stuck at 3-4 stars or whatever until Deadpool 3 comes out.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Away all Goats posted:

Deadpool is solid A-Team material. Too bad he'll be stuck at 3-4 stars or whatever until Deadpool 3 comes out.

They'll probably re-release the Deadpool raids. Only the only people who will get any shards will be the six riches princes in Europe.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ok is anybody working on getting princed or knighted so you can be prepared for your 25 DP shards?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Away all Goats posted:

Cable is a solid character as well, hopefully he gets a chance to become a big boy someday :(

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

DP raid's going to be that you only have to 100% it, but only the top 6 get orbs pieces with 3-6 getting 1/4th the orb pieces 1-2 get. Next Thanos raid is going to be the same deal, but with 7-12 will get 1/16th the orb pieces 1-2 get while 13-24 get nothing because Thanos snapped his fingers and the loser bracket's rewards got vanished.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah I know, but my team has such good synergy that I can't imagine subbing anyone out for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

popewiles posted:

Looks like this post is timely. I've missed a few days of Strike Force and with it all desire to keep playing this game. You can go ahead and drop me from Great Lakes Goon Squad, I'm in as borneo_man.

Thanks for posting this, and I completely understand - I feel like I’m always a few missed days away from quitting most of the games I play. Happy trails, and if you ever find your enthusiasm again tell me and I’ll get you a spot right away!

• Locked thread