Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Team: LA Chargers

Record: 9-7

What sucked:
The team was relocated out of San Diego.
lovely tiny soccer stadium where more away fans than actual fans showed up. Because LA doesn't give a poo poo about the Chargers, nor should they.
gently caress Dean Spanos
Younghoe Koo taken over Josh Lambo, leading to an ever spiraling season of hosed up kicking resulting in the team losing two games that easily would've sent them to the playoffs.
Forrest Lamp going down with an ACL tear in preseason.
Jason Verrett went down in week 1.
Started out 0-4.
JFC the Chiefs. I don't know why the Chiefs perpetually had the Chargers number, because the Chiefs pissed away so many games this season but always remembered why they're good in time to play the Charges.
Run game was rear end. Some people put it on Melvin Gordon. I put it on the O-Line being incapable of opening any real holes for him. Le'Veon Bell wouldn't be any more productive with that line.
On a defensive unit that somehow became top-10 this season, run defense was a sucking chest wound.

What was good:
No coaches named Mike McCoy on the team any longer.
Anthony Lynn made real strides as a coach during the season.
After starting 0-4, they clawed their way back to being in playoff contention.
Rivers was sacked a league low number of times this season.
Far fewer injuries this season. For once they got to show what they could be capable of and it looks really good.
Almost every game they lost, they remained competitive.
Run defense aside, the overall defense was outstanding.

Most disappointing player:
Tie: Something called a Hayes Pullard and Mike Williams for not being able to get on the field this year. However, Williams gets a do-over due to extenuating circumstances. Pullard on the other hand doesn't belong in the NFL.

Unexpectedly good:
Dan Feeney and Desmond King tie this for best rookies.
Casey Hayward for proving the season before wasn't a fluke and he's one of the top 3 CBs in the league.
Anthony Lynn. This clip is after their loss to the Jaguars, and this is something you never saw out of McCoy: a willingness to change poo poo when it doesn't work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTtSZQJkE-k
Keenan Allen. Like Hayward, everyone knows he's good. But holy poo poo he is better than most people give him credit. He shows that the offense goes through him.

Best moment:
First time in years for one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n6OzQ63LaE

Draft needs:
Linebacker, Free Safety, Defensive Tackle, Quarterback

Hopes for 2018:
That they prove they don't belong in LA and continue to be unable to sell out their soccer stadium.
That they continue to improve on last year and go to the playoffs.
I know these two hopes are in conflict but I still want both these things.

aperion fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread