Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Team: Eagles

Record: 13-3

What sucked:
For all that went well this year, we had a lot of injuries that really sucked, losing Peters, Sproles, Maragos, Hicks & Wentz was probably the only real downpoint of the year.

What was good:
I dont know if you guys heard, but we kinda WON THE loving SUPERBOWL

Most disappointing player:
Torrey Smith I guess, no one really expected him to do much but he dropped quite a lot of balls and was easily the worst reciever.

Unexpectedly good:
Nelson Agholor, holy poo poo did this guy learn how to ball the gently caress out. Honorary shout outs go to Corey Clement and Jake Elliot, both these guys came out of nowhere to stamp their marks on this team.

Best moment:

Regular season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8geJp5mVLA

Playoffs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrJazsmpWuc

Superbowl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XmhBaUdges

Draft needs:
Corner, probably linebacker. Maybe WR

Hopes for 2018:
I really dont know how we can top last year. Our D is stacked as gently caress and our offense looks really good. The only concern is if Wentz does an RG3 and can never recover fully from his injury, but I hope that wont happen. I think first round bye is what the expectations should be for us this season. The NFC is looking stacked and I would say we are probably the top (maybe 2nd behind the Rams) team going into this season so lots of expectations on a team that can no longer really call themselves "underdogs" anymore.

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

zimbomonkey posted:

Team: Carolina Panthers

Record: 7-...Wait, 11-5? loving how?

What sucked: Cam and the defense had to corpse drag an offense devoid of talent. Lost a game while only allowing 3 points on defense. Mike Shula. Christian McCaffrey up the midde for no gain.

What was good: Julius Peppers still plays like a first ballot hall of famer. McCaffrey catches the ball really well. Mike Shula got fired. Our DC performed well enough to get poached for a head coaching job again.

Most disappointing player: Matt Kalil. Expectations were middling at best but holy poo poo, for $10 Million a year you should at least occasionally get in the way of a defensive end. You definitely should be good enough that there's no speculation that your team will look for a left tackle in the draft after the first year of your contract.

Unexpectedly good: Julius Peppers. I expected Peppers to be a rotational piece that would account for a few sacks and close out his career where it began. Instead he lead the team in sacks while playing injured most of the year and was a force to be reckoned with.

Best Moment:

Honestly I don't remember too many good moments. It was pretty boring for an 11-5 season. I remember a lot of frustration with play calling though.

Draft Needs: Defensive End, Safety, Receiver, Corner, maybe Tackle or Guard?

Hopes for 2018: Cam gets healthy and gets his arm strength back. Norv Turner knows how to use a small elusive back and gets the most out of CMC. A true number 1 receiver emerges. Peppers doesn't drop off. A good draft and another solid season. Beating the loving Saints. Putting together the first back to back winning seasons in franchise history.

Best moment for the Panthers surely was Cam calling out Matthews on knowing what play they were running then doing the football varient of a teabag.

• Locked thread