Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Team: Seattle Seahawks

Record: 9-7

What sucked:
There was a lot of sucking in unsatisfying familiar ways. OL whisperer Tom Cable continued to demonstrate why he is one of the best in the league at maintaining employment despite performance. The run game was LEGENDARY-ly bad. So bad. I know people who dont follow the seahawks think they know what a bad run game looks like but seriously. It was bad. There were 4(!) rushing TD's all year. 4. Do you know how many were from running backs? One. A single TD from running backs. Our leading rusher and leader in rushing TD's was the QB. It was so bad. Watching the Seahawks trying to run the ball was like having a freaky friday with this guy

Also bad: Kicking cost us several games. It was weird, honestly that this team could have very realistically been 11-5 despite being mostly lovely. Poor coaching/game management e.g. that insanely stupid 4th down conversion attempt in the falcons game where there was 7 secs left on the clock before half and it would have been like a 47 yd field goal. I think pete and co lost their trust of the team at times and just tried too hard to sneak around that lack of trust instead of just taking the obvious try.

Defense was struck by injury bug and while still played fairly well just couldn't close a bunch of games (looking at you washington game). That was also kind of weird coming back to earth moment of the season where you could no longer kind of just count out a team like the washington team when you are up and there is under 2 mins left.

What was good:
Tom Cable's luck ran out. His apologist looked stupid. Russell wilson lead the league in passing TD's and had something like 90% of all seahawks points scored. This team would have only beaten the 49ers without wilson. Wilson loving rules even if he holds on to the ball way too long. Also good: Shaq Griffin looks decent at min. I am kind of happy that Walsh didn't make those kicks and the team missed the playoffs. The seahawks would have been bounced from the playoffs like the 2016 Lions. Sad! Anyway finishing 9-7 and missing the playoffs kind of opened the door to the house cleaning and reset of the team. Which is actually kind of exciting!! There is still a core of good players, big name big personalities have left and we will just have to see if someone fills that void. I have no idea if the team will ever regain the swag and ability of those great hawk teams but at least I know tom cable wont be blowing smoke up our asses and if Pete's style of coaching was no longer working with players who have achieved the highest heights of the sports at least it might work again for young guys with something to prove.

Most disappointing player:
Blair Walsh. Jesus Christ. I did not exactly have high hopes or anything just average expectations that most under 50 yd kicks will be made. Seriously at least -2 wins this year because of Walsh.

Unexpectedly good:
Rookie CB Griffin had the trial by fire and while he was not a world beater was actually pretty good IMO. Also the whole defense without most of their trademark best players really showed that, while not the all-world 2013 seahawks, was definitely pretty decent which gives me hope that more practice time together the defense can improve.

Best moment:
End of the Texans game. I was at that game and there was a really vocal Texans fan behind us talking poo poo the whole game. It was a really exciting game through and through but the game winning TD to Jimmy was an awesome thing to experience first hand and was so deflating to annoying texans dude that I did not even talk poo poo back.

Draft needs:
Pass Rush, Safety help, Running Back (!), OL (always), and possibly DB if all those other late round from last years draft DB's suck

Hopes for 2018:

For the first time in like 7 years it feels like a mostly new team. Excited to see if they are able to step up from 9-7. NFC west is suddenly looking more competitive. I think the Seahawks can still make the playoffs next year, but not feeling super strong about winning NFC West, though I do think it is possible. We had a change to take the lead from the Rams towards the end of the season last year. I also hope that the Rams implode in a hilarious (non-injurious way) Seriously, hope the rams suck. gently caress the rams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread