Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Team: Atlanta Falcons

Record: 10-6, 3rd Place in the NFCS :laffo:

What sucked:
The offense. Steve Sarkisian was a huge part of the blame for sure, but Falcon pass catchers forgot how to catch. Interception after interception off the hands (and butts) of Falcon receivers. Costly penalty after costly penalty negating turnovers, 4th downs, etc. Dumb play calls and injuries to Freeman and offensive linemen all played a part in a pretty ugly offensive showing in 2017 for this team.

What really sucked was the Keanu Neal should have been interception at the end of the first half of the Eagles game. In true Falcon fashion, the ball bounced off his knee about 15 yards into Torrey Smith's awaiting hands and he was able to get down with enough time for a last second field goal that ultimately proved to be some huge points in that win for them.

What was good:
The defense improved overall, more pressure from up front.

Most disappointing player:
Vic Beasley. Wasn't doing all that great before Duke Riley went down and the team switched him to OLB which was an awful decision. This year they are moving him back to DE exclusively.

Unexpectedly good:
Draft superstar Takk McKinley is going to be a monster in this league y'all.

Best moment:
Deion Jones intercepting Drew Brees to ice the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4QkFI7Y-Yg

Draft needs:
DT,LB,TE,WR. Some are more pressing than others of course, there is a giant hole next to Grady Jarrett so they will most assuradly be going DT with their first round selection. LB corps are thin, hopefully Duke pans out which would make this less of a need. I still think TE is a need, some others do not however, and that WR3 spot that Gabriel's departure left will need to be filled.

Hopes for 2018:
I just hope the offense can come around and that last year was just a blip on the radar and not a trend for a Steve Sarkisian offense. I'm not optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread