Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

That Works posted:

Collectively most of the nation is no longer capable of empathy. To me this is the biggest single problem for the USA now.

Like, sure you might not agree with the kids take on gun control, but it should be pretty simple to realize how someone who had their friends violently murdered might have a different point of view on the topic and feel that they should be able to voice their opinions, concern on that subject.

Imo that's the end result of neoliberal / cyberpunk / whatever it is we're living in social policy. Political and moral authorities just hammer home in every facet of life that the proper response to someone being in trouble / pain is welp sucks to be you. The most powerful country in the world can't be expected to provide welfare or healthcare, firms can't be expected to provide sick leave, billionaires can't be expected to pay taxes so how can a guy be expected to accept restrictions to his gun hobby so school kids maybe don't get shot at as much. Expecting anything but a gently caress you is entitlement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Torrannor posted:

Wait, Barron Trump plays Paradox games? I don't know how I feel about that, EUIV and CK2 are great games :confused:

The idea of a personality shaped in equal parts by CK2 and The Donald is loving terrifying

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

New Jersey, Washington, Delaware with some godawful color choices

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I'm kinda worried about the dementia-addled idiot that gets to decide whether and what to bomb in the international relations powderkeg of Syria also being desperate and angry.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Just the president of the united states of america having yet another meltdown in public, the usual :stare:

Third World Reggin posted:

I'd say who the hell ever asks if people wears shoes somewhere but then I remembered a guy in the chow line commenting on a woman saying that "she had all her teeth and everything" in a very enthusiastic voice

The key to happiness is managing your expectations!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Poland is getting uhhhh (more in the twitter thread)

https://twitter.com/mycielski/status/985452608356745216

You would think Poland of all countries would hate nazism

I don't even know what they have to Nazi about. They have no Muslims, no Jews, no territorial claims afaik, so wtf do you do as a Polish Nazi after you've come into power? Just march up and down the square, forever?

Although if they want to annex eastern Germany I would be extremely okay with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I think he means that Sanctuary is both infested with and breeding crime.

• Locked thread