Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'm suddenly extremely nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Joshua's ring walk is starting which means the fight should start in 20 minutes or so

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Frankly I'm just impressed that Parker is walking out to a loving Roy Jones Jr song

after a piped-in haka which the two old dudes tried and then gave up halfway

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man it's gonna be so weird when this concert gets interrupted by a boxing match.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I always find it kinda funny the supposed baddest men on the planet need some short fat dudes either side for security

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I liked Parker's ring walk, but the Haka was a bit lacklustre

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This ring walk is so bad. Do sky require a really long ring walk to get value for money

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
old timey boxing wisdom states that fighters should avoid masturbation to preserve their vitality. joshua really is the new generation.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

I pray that aj loses horrifically and embarrassingly so I never have to watch this prolonged JO sesh of a ring walk again

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I always find it kinda funny the supposed baddest men on the planet need some short fat dudes either side for security

TBF I don't think the Samoan dudes were there for security as much as aesthetics

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So is there no commentary or is the audio on the broadcast I am watching jacked up?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

I pray that aj loses horrifically and embarrassingly so I never have to watch this prolonged JO sesh of a ring walk again

My friend, it hypes him up and promotes the brand. Errybody is going to be doing them soon

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Are we going to get 4 national anthems?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

My favourite brand is insufferably long and pointless

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
Waisake Naholo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i watched the rock come out at wrestlemania with a flamethrower and set a sign on fire featuring his own name in six foot high writing and it was less masturbatory than this

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

loving hell

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Is that just a few people signing in the background or are they soundly booing the anthem here?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

It's gonna be real hard for any fight to make up for this

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

gtkor posted:

Is that just a few people signing in the background or are they soundly booing the anthem here?

it's a huge arena, just sounds like crowd noise to me. I'd be be surprised if they were booing an anthem

E: OK maybe I might boo if the anthem went on this long, jesus christ

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Joshua's plan is for Parker to punch himself out before the first bell.

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
British boxing crowds boo everyone who isn’t British, because British boxing crowds are classless cunts.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Bardeh posted:

it's a huge arena, just sounds like crowd noise to me. I'd be be surprised if they were booing an anthem

They didn't boo the Samoan one but they're running out of patience now.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Bardeh posted:

Oh they would, they're not particularly doing it this time though

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

gtkor posted:

From what I hear it is the latter, the brits are not always a classy bunch

E: but maybe they aren't? idk!

Feral Jesus
Oct 9, 2003

Royality posted:

British boxing crowds boo everyone who isn’t British, because British boxing crowds are classless cunts.

It's true!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

and now for the traditional booing down of anything foreign by a 70,000 drunks who want to go back to singing along to sweet caroline, the true highlight of any heavyweight boxing experience

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I've become convinced that some important official or judge is missing and they're desperately trying to kill time while they locate him.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

They'll both be cold by the end of this poo poo jeez

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Royality posted:

hey now, sometimes they boo people who are British too (lol Whyte)

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Royality posted:

all anthems should be booed

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

and now for the traditional booing down of anything foreign by a 70,000 drunks who want to go back to singing along to sweet caroline, the true highlight of any heavyweight boxing experience

TBH, I think they were a bit annoyed when that got interrupted for a boxing match.

butros posted:

AJ warmed himself up with the shooting flames though

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Royality posted:

This is very true and one of the reasons I turned down tickets to the fight.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I would appreciate it if, for dramatic purposes, someone could get KOed in the first round

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

butros posted:

The pyrotechnics aren't just for show, gets AJ's temp up to prepare for 3 rounds of anthems

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Forgetting it is my username, I don't understand why literally every country doesn't just use Jerusalem as their national anthem (with appropriate country name changes where required). Everybody would be much happier.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
France can keep the Marseillaise though, that loving rocks.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Jerusalem posted:

Forgetting it is my username, I don't understand why literally every country doesn't just use Jerusalem as their national anthem (with appropriate country name changes where required). Everybody would be much happier.

The Sleep album? I agree.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

France can keep the Marseillaise though, that loving rocks.

Oh yeah absolutely :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

They said Joe's Samoan name, which is cool

• Locked thread