Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Does anyone have a recommendation on a tool I can use to do "what if" schedules for a project?

E.G. I know the amount of work that needs to be done, but I need to see what the dates would look like with 2 resources, 3, 4, 5, etc..

I'm sure MSProject can do this, but is there anything 'lighter'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Doctor Malaver posted:

Any recommendations for a book or podcast that's fun but you can also learn from it? Maybe some kind of PM war stories?

I'm a non-technical PM who manages the company's IT department so bonus points if it fits my situation.

The Phoenix Project

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

no lube so what posted:

Sheeeeit, just got word a MSP contract I’ve been PM’ing under is about to get terminated.

Recently, I’ve been doing sdlc for data science & tooling for a big shop. Closer to program management, since the responsibility also involved strategic architecture to tie in a bunch of systems etc

So I was wondering,

1) what titles should I be searching for besides PM, TPM?
2) any off beat places to search for PM roles?
3) is cramming for the PMP in 8 weeks with a dedicated 30 hours enough to give myself any sort of good odds?

Technical Program Manager, LinkedIn, don't get a PMP, emphasize data science experience, get that bag