Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
I just started a new job where I'll be organizing about a dozen courses/seminars a year. I figured that since I have a lot more overlapping deadlines than my previous roles, I should find something that'll help me track those tasks. I'm a complete newcomer to software designed for that purpose though.

Is there any provider that is the industry standard? I want to keep myself organized, but I'd also like to be able to put this on my resume down the line. It sounds like some of the other teams use Asana, so I might be able to ask for access to that if it's worth it.

Are these tools useful if I'm the only one using it? Or would I basically just be making a really complex to-do list?

Do any of these applications make it really easy to connect to your own scripts? Or, on the flip side, are any particularly locked down? Again, it seems like it might be beneficial to a future position to be able to show them a bunch of little automation tools I wrote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Golden Bee posted:

What solution did you end up going with?

Asana. My employer already pays for it and they were willing to get me set up on it even though my team doesn’t use it, so that made the decision pretty easy. Being able to set templates for projects was also super useful, though I wish there was a better way to see what project each task is assigned to besides color codes.