Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
Sheeeeit, just got word a MSP contract I’ve been PM’ing under is about to get terminated.

Recently, I’ve been doing sdlc for data science & tooling for a big shop. Closer to program management, since the responsibility also involved strategic architecture to tie in a bunch of systems etc

So I was wondering,

1) what titles should I be searching for besides PM, TPM?
2) any off beat places to search for PM roles?
3) is cramming for the PMP in 8 weeks with a dedicated 30 hours enough to give myself any sort of good odds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

lament.cfg posted:

Technical Program Manager, LinkedIn, don't get a PMP, emphasize data science experience, get that bag

updating my LinkedIn. For my current role I could put down PM, TPM, or scrummaster. What’s the best way to sell myself?

I have been at the current role a year and a half. I haven’t updated linkedin since I started. Previously I was a manufacturing TPM for 5 years. More systems and physical tooling.

I will emphasis leading data science team (DS/DE/SWE/sys architect)

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Thoguh posted:

If your company will pay for it the one from PMI gave me questions that were extremely close to what was on the actual test. If your company won't pay for it then get an Udemy course that has a lot of reviews and has been recently updated.

Yeah, I fully agree with this post.

Used, https://www.udemy.com/course/pmbok-guide-7th-edition_pmp/, and them PMI test bank