Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I run a business that does trail construction, and until now we've been working for the feds. I picked up a larger project working for a city, and I'm going to have a sub that I 90% trust. The job is larger than most we've handled so far but other than size it's nothing out of the ordinary. Until now though, I've been working for the feds and just had to follow the FAR with COs interpreting. The city provided me a sample contract agreement that they've used for past contracts, but the sub is already trying to demand changes. Some of them clearly reasonable, but others not so much. Is there a recommended book on change orders, sub agreements, generally accepted practices with regards to subs, project management, contract negotiation with the city pre-contract signing? Seemed like a good thread to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU