Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Bolding mine :D

Plus R1 is good, TLJ is very good, the worst TFA can be accused of correctly is being a play it exceedingly safe remake of the original. Which after the gently caress up of the prequels is exactly what was needed. I feel like the people who poo poo on TFA are trying to poo poo on it for the movie they image/want it to be, not the movie it is - which is dumb as gently caress. Looking at TFA as it was meant to be seen as - a love letter to ANH, with new characters being established - it works very well.

That's not the part of my post that your original post is in response to. Also TLJ is not very good. It's okay if anything. A few decent ideas on a small island in a lake of poo poo. TFA is a joke. It's bad on so many levels. Daisey Ridley is a very bad actress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Disney Star Wars is enjoyable, and the cruiser light speed scene in TLJ was such a beautiful sequence that it made the movie for me.

Marvel movies are fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously. The last few films have landed very well with me, Black panther, Dr Strange, and Ragnarok to name a few. Infinity war worked well and is definitely high up in the rankings. It's 100% not a stand alone movie but it's satisfying to watch all the interactions and having Thanos as the main character/focus/protagonist was a good decision imo. I'm just bummed that it thematically clashed with the ending of Ragnarok right at the opening. And while obvious that there's going to be a reset, the deaths had impact even if it's fleeting and rationed away shortly after the credits roll.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bajaha posted:

Disney Star Wars is enjoyable, and the cruiser light speed scene in TLJ was such a beautiful sequence that it made the movie for me.

Marvel movies are fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously. The last few films have landed very well with me, Black panther, Dr Strange, and Ragnarok to name a few. Infinity war worked well and is definitely high up in the rankings. It's 100% not a stand alone movie but it's satisfying to watch all the interactions and having Thanos as the main character/focus/protagonist was a good decision imo. I'm just bummed that it thematically clashed with the ending of Ragnarok right at the opening. And while obvious that there's going to be a reset, the deaths had impact even if it's fleeting and rationed away shortly after the credits roll.

Thor clearly says that Thanos killed half his people so we're assuming Valkyrie got away with half the remaining Asgardians. Tessa Thompson was sighted on set during filming so her scene was either cut or she's in A4.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

That's not the part of my post that your original post is in response to.

That makes not a lick of sense. Much like my brother's typing or trying to explain the latest mad rear end scheme

quote:

Also TLJ is not very good. It's okay if anything. A few decent ideas on a small island in a lake of poo poo. TFA is a joke. It's bad on so many levels. Daisey Ridley is a very bad actress.

What IS your problem with Ridley???? She by no means a very bad actress by any stretch and certainly is a godawful load better than Natalie "Plank of wood or oscar worthy with nothing in between" Portman's terrible performances in the prequels.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Frankly, Portman delivered the performance the scripts deserved.

E: also what's up i've basically been in a self-imposed coma since finishing the last of my finals stuff on Friday

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Rhyno posted:

That's not the part of my post that your original post is in response to. Also TLJ is not very good. It's okay if anything. A few decent ideas on a small island in a lake of poo poo. TFA is a joke. It's bad on so many levels. Daisey Ridley is a very bad actress.

I agree with all your takes. Also they should have killed off Leia in TFA.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

That makes not a lick of sense. Much like my brother's typing or trying to explain the latest mad rear end scheme

What IS your problem with Ridley???? She by no means a very bad actress by any stretch and certainly is a godawful load better than Natalie "Plank of wood or oscar worthy with nothing in between" Portman's terrible performances in the prequels.

You quoted one post in your initial response which is what I replied to.

Your proof is a secondary statement and is not what I was responding to.

And Ridley is just bad at everything. She has two expressions, sad-cry and RAGE.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I liked the part in infinity war where half of everybody died but i think it would be better if the other half of everybody died and star wars should do the same thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

I liked the part in infinity war where half of everybody died but i think it would be better if the other half of everybody died and star wars should do the same thing.

I'd be okay with this if it was the actual star wars fandom.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I feel asleep 30 minutes into R1 and never bothered to finish it. Coming from someone that will painfully finish most everything I hit play on too.

Bad.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Counterpoint: Good

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Solo is this week right? That's gonna be a whiff.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I feel asleep 30 minutes into R1 and never bothered to finish it. Coming from someone that will painfully finish most everything I hit play on too.

Bad.

Rouge One will be completely forgotten, probably after the what is most assuredly a dumpster fire of a movie Solo since everyone will jump on that one if it tries to play dark and gritty.

Are we still getting a sequel to Fury Road? I know we aren't getting anything else in Dredd which is a drat shame.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Counterpoint: Good

Is that the part in the Darth Vader Mad At Dad Lava Castle™? That poo poo was so embarrassing :negative:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm sorry you hate fun.

Pictured: you getting shot down by lasers

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
A star destroyer just beheaded another destroyer. Film worth it for that alone.

E:

DesperateDan posted:

I enjoyed rogue one even if its not a great film because I'm a massive sucker for heroic sacrifice in film and even cheesy stuff hits me right in the emotions. Hell, the opening to the first of the trek film reboots is enough to make me tear up.

Holy poo poo, are you me? I'm feeling more synergy with this than most things in /r/traa, which is pretty crazy. I mean, maybe not, because I cried when Tommy Pickles lost his brother during the first Rugrats movie, but heroic sacrifice gets me right in the feels, straight up.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Apr 30, 2018

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I enjoyed rogue one even if its not a great film because I'm a massive sucker for heroic sacrifice in film and even cheesy stuff hits me right in the emotions. Hell, the opening to the first of the trek film reboots is enough to make me tear up.

Force awakens suffered too much from homaging/setting up from the original trilogy. There were a few neat looking bits but the script and pace was all over the place. Haven't seen the last jedi yet, might grab it and watch it with the boy tonight.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rogue One's worst problem was making the robot the most likeable character in the film by far. He was the only character I gave even half a poo poo about. It also suffered from it being a totally pointless movie. Why do people need to know every single little detail of things? It's like the recent Alien movies, poo poo is better when it's mysterious. The current trajectory of aliens is basically "oh a robot did it" and Ridley Scott's fetish for gay robots is weird as all hell.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Why on earth would you be watching movies when you could be playing PUBG, is my question
https://clips.twitch.tv/GlamorousTenaciousPotatoPraiseIt

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Automotive Insanity > movie SUCKS! i HATE movie - The April 2018 Chat Thread

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ether Frenzy posted:

Why on earth would you be watching movies when you could be playing PUBG, is my question

Gaming is more ridulous that Rhyno's opinion fo Daisy Ridley. Who I am now sure pissed in Rhyno's corn flakes

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Gaming is more ridulous that Rhyno's opinion fo Daisy Ridley. Who I am now sure pissed in Rhyno's corn flakes

Now you're just pounding on your keyboard.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Seminal Flu posted:

Now you're just pounding on your keyboard.

Shock, awe, surprise. If he was American he'd be president.

Glad to be working tofay, wife gets to deal with house poo poo :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I just bought a house my dudes. :eyepop: :captainpop: :chanpop: :psypop: :trumppop: :bernpop: :popeye: :randpop: :shittypop:

Cage fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 30, 2018

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Cage posted:

I just bought a house my dudes. :eyepop:

How big is the garage?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
No garage geez way to take the wind out of my sails.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Well, is it at least pretty?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its yellow, so no not really.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
gently caress yeah! Congrats on your impending financial and social deroute

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:toot: :homebrew: :rip:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Prepare for the onslaught of "WTF previous owner, what did you DO?!"

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Cage posted:

Its yellow, so no not really.

Yellow can look good:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

spog posted:

Yellow can look good:

Don't doxx me please.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

lmao at anyone playing TPP in 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I too am a devout worshipper at the church of Tank Girl. It's just a gloriously stupid mess and knows how stupid it is.

"...ugh, fabulous. I have died and gone to hardbody heaven."

And the soundtrack? Perfect.

Ain't gonna be no crumpets and tea.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

Ain't gonna be no crumpets and tea.

BRUSH YOUR TEETH!

(I love that Ice T was in this. How in the gently caress??)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Malcom McDowell and Iggy Pop, too. Hell, Doug 'every monster you've ever seen' Jones was one of the Ripper extras.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

How did I forget about Iggy Pop playing a loving paedo??

"...the clapper, that's what you get for being a perv!"

And McDowell is superb in everything, chews the scenery a bit in this.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

My favorite piece of Tank Girl trivia is how Ice-T is 100% unapologetic about it. Conan was teasing him a little and he just jabs right back with "one million dollars."

The whole interview is good but here's that part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrw3qk8boVQ&t=276s

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Well he's not wrong is he? I love that he's in the movie, it's just an extra level of madness seeing Ice T of all people playing a mean kangaroo man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Automotive Insanity > thing SUCKS! i HATE thing - The April 2018 Chat Thread

:v:

• Locked thread