Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

iwentdoodie posted:

SAE is dead.

Or loving should be.

Like I use my SAE poo poo so infrequently that I've never even halfway misplaced any of it. I know exactly where it is. Metric, on the other hand, I want like 8 copies of each just in loving case.

Same, but the opposite. Aren't you a muscle car guy? I use metric somewhat frequently, but only because 14mm is basically 9/16 and 16mm is basically 5/8 and so forth. The occasional actual-metric fastener usually takes me like 3 guesses of socket size before I realize "oh, it's metric :saddowns:" only because I just don't run into them that often. I've never misplaced a 10mm anything, but I've lost at least three 9/16" ratcheting wrenches.

Like, who even uses metric fasteners? Oddball things always throw me for a loop until I realize they're not standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

Eh, just unlimited money. Disney is actively making poo poo Star Wars films.

They aren't poo poo, they're just safe, cynically calculated, and medicre. Better than what Lucas was doing with them for the last 30 years.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

KakerMix posted:

I made the character assassination joke because there are no characters to assassinate in Rouge One :haw:

I don't care about Star Wars (or comics for that matter) so it's no skin off my back, but Rouge One was a tiring wankfest aimed exclusively at people that wanted Star Wars to be some cool dark art war movie. Really it just came off as desperate and cheap, the computer animated not-as-good-as-deep-fakes cameo, the painfully groan-worthy Darth Vader part and just a total lack of arc.

The things you say are true; to me it mostly came off as a star wars fan film with high production value.

TFA and TLJ weren't poo poo, they just weren't very creative. The prequels were poo poo; the sequels have just been mediocre IMO. But that seems to be Disney's thing: make tons of movies that are good enough that people will go see them, but taking zero risks and leaving the envelope firmly in place and un-pushed.

• Locked thread